Question about Eula problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Varia, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Varia
    OP

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    As probably most of you who play games online on a different region system have noticed, some games require changing
    the agreement version to maximum using the config app or else we're stuck in an endless loop asking to agree to the user agreement.

So the question is, does this happen with certain games only? Does the bug happen according to how you convert or dump the game?
    I have yet to see a person playing EU/US Smash Bros on a JP system who hasn't had this problem, so perhaps it is about the game?

Just wondering if anyone was able to play Smash and MH fine online even without changing the Eula to ff:ff

Last edited by Varia, Nov 11, 2015
  2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I gathered that when building a cia, it's possible to spoof the required eula version to avoid this problem. Not everyone does it tho.

Varia likes this.
  3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    EULA problem only happens on using US games' network on non-US 3DSes.
    You should find a config.cia to spoof it.

4. Varia
    OP

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Oh, that's interesting.
    Though what I'm really wondering is if the eula bug is inclusive to all when it comes to genuine games and clean dumps, or only specific to some people.
    As in if only some unlucky fellas may have this problem while some won't using genuine cards (and without the ability to change the version).

It's not US games only, EU Smash will have the same problems on a JP system, and maybe even on a US? I've seen mixed reports tbh, even people saying the EU and US eulas are similar.
    And I know about changing the Eula version through config, did you not read my OP lol?

Last edited by Varia, Nov 12, 2015
  5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    I haven't tried EU SSB but from other EU games I know that EU EULA's confirmination isn't region locked.
    If EU SSB has that problem then it should be another issue different from US EULA's confirmination which is region locked.

Last edited by MelonGx, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Varia
    OP

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Well, the Eula bug only happens with certain games, so the EU games you've tried probably don't have it (such as SSFIV).
    Otherwise it has nothing to do with the rom being US or EU. Both EU and US roms of MH4U won't function online on a JP system due to different agreement versions. Same with Smash.