Hacking Question about downgrading and what CFW to install

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have an O3DS XL and it's on 10.2 I want to downgrade it to 9.2 I read how to do it and it seems simple enough, I have a Sky3ds (Blue Button) but now that it can't run new games with AP its pretty useless to me now. I heard however, that you can install .CIA files if you use CFW but what CFW do you recommend? Also what is FBI Injection?

TCPixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the easiest custom firmware to get started with is mini pasta. It seems to be reliable, straight forward, and allows you to run FBI through homebrewlauncher and install cias.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend using cake cfw since it's easy and simply with 3 options on it, Autoboot : Emunand : and Disable Sig Patches (allows piracy)

Edit: Although Mini pasta is the fastest and simplistic cfw with just sig patches

Edit2: ninja'd:ninja:

Last edited by James310,

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rxtools for my saying. Pretty easy to follow. Has sigchecks disabled by default as well.
Is there a guide on how to install it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I recommend using cake cfw since it's easy and simply with 3 options on it, Autoboot : Emunand : and Disable Sig Patches (allows piracy)

Edit: Although Mini pasta is the fastest and simplistic cfw with just sig patches

Edit2: ninja'd:ninja:
So if I want to play .CIA for example Triforce Heroes should I go with Cake or Mini Pasta

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if I want to play .CIA for example Triforce Heroes should I go with Cake or Mini Pasta
You won't be able to play Triforce Heroes with Pasta, it needs more than just signatures patched.

To play Triforce Heroes and other titles that require newer system versions, a hack called "firmlaunch" is required. This tricks the game into thinking you're on the required firmware. Pasta does not provide this function.

To play games that require system updates you're going to have to use either cakesFW (easy to setup) or rxTools (more complicated).

Last edited by Zidapi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)