Question about downgrading and what CFW to install

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KingxHyruler, Jan 5, 2016.

1. KingxHyruler
    OP

KingxHyruler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Ok so I have an O3DS XL and it's on 10.2 I want to downgrade it to 9.2 I read how to do it and it seems simple enough, I have a Sky3ds (Blue Button) but now that it can't run new games with AP its pretty useless to me now. I heard however, that you can install .CIA files if you use CFW but what CFW do you recommend? Also what is FBI Injection?

2. TCPixel

TCPixel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    I'd say the easiest custom firmware to get started with is mini pasta. It seems to be reliable, straight forward, and allows you to run FBI through homebrewlauncher and install cias.

3. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    I recommend using cake cfw since it's easy and simply with 3 options on it, Autoboot : Emunand : and Disable Sig Patches (allows piracy)

Edit: Although Mini pasta is the fastest and simplistic cfw with just sig patches

Edit2: ninja'd:ninja:

Last edited by James310, Jan 5, 2016
  4. ComicSANS

ComicSANS Comic sans

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Florida
    Rxtools for my saying. Pretty easy to follow. Has sigchecks disabled by default as well.

5. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Is there a guide on how to install it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So if I want to play .CIA for example Triforce Heroes should I go with Cake or Mini Pasta

6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    You won't be able to play Triforce Heroes with Pasta, it needs more than just signatures patched.

To play Triforce Heroes and other titles that require newer system versions, a hack called "firmlaunch" is required. This tricks the game into thinking you're on the required firmware. Pasta does not provide this function.

To play games that require system updates you're going to have to use either cakesFW (easy to setup) or rxTools (more complicated).

Last edited by Zidapi, Jan 5, 2016
  7. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    so which CFW would allow me to play Triforce Heroes?

8. Testo90

Testo90 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Badung, Bali, Indonesia
    Rxtools does

9. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    thank you =)

10. ComicSANS

ComicSANS Comic sans

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Florida
    There is a RXtool guide here and a downgrade guide here aswell :) RxTool is NOT complicated to install at all, Its just long and you need patience but the payout is amazing.

Michierusama likes this.