Hacking Question about ditching EmuNand

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it sounds scary at first. Since we've always been told that sysNAND should never be touched (unless needed to), but that only applies to menuhax. No need to be scared of sysNAND anymore. Bricked your sysNAND on A9LH?

Luckily you don't require a hardmod anymore, simply boot up Decrypt9.

I hear you buddy and you are right.... i have a hard mod anyway so i can always reflash a 9.0 sysnand

TBH... there is only one final concern i have, what happens if there is an A9LH 3dsx update and i cant launch it from whatever the latest FW is ??

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you buddy and you are right.... i have a hard mod anyway so i can always reflash a 9.0 sysnand

TBH... there is only one final concern i have, what happens if there is an A9LH 3dsx update and i cant launch it from whatever the latest FW is ??
Don't worry, pretty sure @dark_samus3 will find a way to update A9LH through A9LH.
I mean, he did it once. The original version of A9LH can be updated to the screen init version with a payload, doesn't matter what FW your sysNAND's on.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry, pretty sure @dark_samus3 will find a way to update A9LH through A9LH.
I mean, he did it once. The original version of A9LH can be updated to the screen init version with a payload, doesn't matter what FW your sysNAND's on.

think you have me convinced, thanks for all your patience and answering my daft questions... I ordered a new msd, it has been shipped and I will make the changes as soon as it arrives

thanks again for all your time :)

Last edited by peteruk,
Reactions: Supster131

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your emunand is 9.2 then just move it to a new sd card and use that to launch gatewat.
It took me quite a while to think about what you meant, but now I can see the plan you have in mind!
So basically it's this:

a9lh to boot 10.6 sysnand (No emunand installed) on SD card 1

Then on SD card 2, have an emunand 9.2, use this emunand to boot into Gateway using the Gateway cia a user has created.

I then plan on having my NNID tied to sysnand (keeping all my online games there + a few offline ones), then using emunand with no NNID, to have my offline games here for use with Gateway. Since I'm a N3DS user, I can imagine how much I'm NOT going to use my Gateway emunand just because I don't feel like swapping micro SD's : p
So overall I might as well abandon the Gateway. Though to do that, I need a 128 GB micro SD if I went all out cia.

Reactions: peteruk

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me quite a while to think about what you meant, but now I can see the plan you have in mind!
So basically it's this:

a9lh to boot 10.6 sysnand (No emunand installed) on SD card 1

Then on SD card 2, have an emunand 9.2, use this emunand to boot into Gateway using the Gateway cia a user has created.

I then plan on having my NNID tied to sysnand (keeping all my online games there + a few offline ones), then using emunand with no NNID, to have my offline games here for use with Gateway. Since I'm a N3DS user, I can imagine how much I'm NOT going to use my Gateway emunand just because I don't feel like swapping micro SD's : p
So overall I might as well abandon the Gateway. Though to do that, I need a 128 GB micro SD if I went all out cia.
You should be fine with a 64GB SD card (maybe 32 if you don't plan on playing a lot of games).

I have loads of games on my 64GB SD Card, and I still have like 20GB left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up