Hacking Question about ditching EmuNand

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, if emunand is "useless" now as some of you say, can i just delete emunand partition from sd card? I kept 9.2 emunand for stuff like decrypt9, but since it can be launched with a9lh, it is no longer needed?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
NX may be that very thing.
Probably yes, but not this year, otherwise they will be criticized for programmed validity because each console family have 7~10 years in the market without a new and better console family, but that's offtopic xD

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
So, if emunand is "useless" now as some of you say, can i just delete emunand partition from sd card? I kept 9.2 emunand for stuff like decrypt9, but since it can be launched with a9lh, it is no longer needed?

Now you sure can, now we have Decrypt9WIP, GodMode9 and EmuNAND9 for A9LH (though the last one is useless too right now xD )

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
wouldnt i rename emunand to nand and then use decrypt9 to restore sysnand with my emunand? and would i do that from homebrew menu or from somthing else i dont want to brick my sysnand during restore

If you are doing the swap emuNAND to sysNAND to get a updated sysNAND with A9LH, you should let the arm9loaderhax.3dsx do the NAND.bin restore

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So... I'm sorry, but I complete lost on what are you doing xD
If you can explain to me what are you doing maybe I can help you better :3
I figured after the inital install of a9lh i would delete my emunand partition but i need my emunand because it has all my data on it so i want to know if i can make my emunand my sysnand.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I figured after the inital install of a9lh i would delete my emunand partition but i need my emunand because it has all my data on it so i want to know if i can make my emunand my sysnand.

Make your emuNAND.bin and keep it somewhere safe righ away, after the 2.1 downgrade and the otp.bin dump:
  1. Restore your 9.2 sysNAND
  2. make the arm9loaderhax.3dsx with your otp.bin (and keep several copies of the N3DS of yours everywhere you can)
  3. Put your emuNAND.bin in your SD and rename it to NAND.bin
  4. Open Homebrew Launcher and run arm9loaderhax.3dsx (it will make the the NAND.bin [your old and upgraded emuNAND] restore automatically)
  5. And have fun having a updated sysNAND (clone of old emuNAND with all your data) with A9LH

Last edited by Gray_Jack,
Reactions: Raylight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la