Hacking Question about auto-RCM

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i enable auto-rcm, will the switch boot into rcm if the SX-OS dongle isn't in?
will it boot into rcm if I don't press Volume+?

basically, fill this chart in:

...Vol+..No Vol+
.........|..........| Dongle
______|______|
.........|..........| No dongle
______|______|

(ignore the dots.)

Last edited by Parax342,

tayshun12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Vol+..No Vol+
X...........|...X...| Dongle
______|______|
.....x..|.........X| No dongle
______|______|

basically with auto rcm whenever you reboot from a full shutdown it is ready for a payload. in other words, rcm mode. be careful with this as it can fully kill your battery past the point of being able to boot or be recharged. Also some old firmwares will reboot into rcm on shutdown.

Reactions: Parax342

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Vol+..No Vol+
______|______|
______|______|

basically with auto rcm whenever you reboot from a full shutdown it is ready for a payload. in other words, rcm mode. be careful with this as it can fully kill your battery past the point of being able to boot or be recharged. Also some old firmwares will reboot into rcm on shutdown.
okay. thank you.

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big thing with autorcm is you don't want to let it die so if the battery percentage gets low you better be able to plug it in. Now if you do unfortunately let the system die it can slow charge and then you can boot into a payload to let it normally charge. The biggest pain of autorcm is if you let it die...

tayshun12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big thing with autorcm is you don't want to let it die so if the battery percentage gets low you better be able to plug it in. Now if you do unfortunately let the system die it can slow charge and then you can boot into a payload to let it normally charge. The biggest pain of autorcm is if you let it die...

With that said, on new CFW like AMS, when I shut down from the menu the console will fully shut down. I believe its because atmosphere technically reboots into another payload that properly shuts down the console.

I am wondering if AMS knows to shutdown correctly if the battery gets too low?

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Vol+..No Vol+
______|______|
______|______|

It will NEVER fully kill your battery past the point of being able to recharge. Like said in earlier posts, its just a pain in the ass having to recharge it up fully because it takes quite a long time. I have basically had auto rcm on since it was released and have fully drained my battery at least 5 or 6 times altogether. If that day ever comes for you, just leave it docked overnight and all will be well.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will NEVER fully kill your battery past the point of being able to recharge. Like said in earlier posts, its just a pain in the ass having to recharge it up fully because it takes quite a long time. I have basically had auto rcm on since it was released and have fully drained my battery at least 5 or 6 times altogether. If that day ever comes for you, just leave it docked overnight and all will be well.

This is kinda weird, because mine doesn't take more than about 10 minutes to charge back up enough to turn on. I wonder if the full shutdown fix has managed to stop it discharging so much

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep recharge it for all the time. It will be like regular power plug all the time and it won't hurt your Switch battery like Laptop does. The laptop's recharge battery must be 100 percent full before unplug. For Switch, you don't need to.
I actually won't do autoRcm Because i want my little brother to boot into regular FW easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite