Hacking Question about AKAIO and microSD formatting

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I apologise in advance if I sound ungrateful but the latest firmware isn't doing anything good for me right now, as it has resulted in me losing my saves and my backup saves don't even work.

1. I have 2 2GB microSD's and 1GB. If I use the SDFormatter 3.0 BETA, does it automatically format the cards as FAT with the 64k cluster or do I have to do that via cmd THEN use SDFormatter?

2. I have decided to stick to the older AKAIO revisions since I haven't played any of the newer games so: what is the most stable AKAIO pre-1.7?

Thanks
smile.gif

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
SD formater will format as you want - all options should be choosen. So dont need to format the card twice...

AKAIO 1.7 is the last and ONE ONLY that has new game support. If you will use older versions (AKAIO 1.6RC2 was good and stable too), many new games that need some fix will not work, till you patch/crack them.
But you cannot update AKAIO system files (new loaders will not work with any older akaio version, cannot update cheat files via wifi)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The SD formatter will format MicroSD cards according to the SD Associations specifications. You will not be able to select file system or cluster size, it will determine those automatically. That's one of the reasons people have fewer issues using MicroSD cards which were formatted using it.

The last stable release prior to AKAIO 1.7 was AKAIO 1.5.1.

If you are using saves from Official, or AKAIO 1.5.1 you may have to rename your saves for them to be compaible with AKAIO 1.7.

Try using this one http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/renamesav3.exe or this one http://filetrip.net/f11163-Wood-R4-Save-Manager-1-1.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-