Question... about a new PS3.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by porshionXmato, Aug 2, 2014.

1. porshionXmato
    OP

porshionXmato Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland
    Hey guys. So, my PS3 Slim, unfortunately, died :( It was cfw'ed. And it's a big loss for me. And I think that I'll buy a new one in the next few weeks, so my question is - should I look for a Slim and cfw it or Super Slim with an ODE? Or should I stay OFW...? I'm kinda confused about what do I want and what not, so any suggestions are welcome. I've over 7tb of games on external HDDs. Not to mention the DLCs. And PSN releases... Regarding the DLCs - are all of them working on ODEs? As I couldn't find a definitive answer when I was reading here and there. I know that there're many "what's better - cfw or ode" topics, and I've read at least a few of them, but as I said earlier, I simply don't know what do I want anymore.

2. JPnintendo

JPnintendo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Argentina
    I'll recomend you a Cfw ps3. Why?, Because you come from a Cfw ps3 and know how it works... Besides, you can go online with a cfw ps3 sooner than an ODE with the spoofers. ODEs may or not be blocked on new Sistem updates (Nowdays they are blocked on 4.60, cobra team has a "fix" for its decide but it is awfull :P). CFW, better than ODE for me.

porshionXmato likes this.
  3. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously

I also recommend a CFW Ps3. Get a older Slim(because Phats are honestly terrible compared to it) and CFW it.(That's if you want to play backups though) There's a few OFW 3.55 PS3s on EBAY.
    Purchase it from the Top Rated Plus Users. They're more trustworthy. If you ask nicely, they'll even dehash it and install a CFW for you

porshionXmato likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice