Hardware [QUESTION] A Button contact worn on a 3DS with A9LH

What should I do?

• Repair it myself

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Send it on in to Ninty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hire someone else

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Buy a new 3DS (Mind you I've had this 3DS since I was 10 and I am 15 now)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys! I have a question about my 3DS console. About 5 or 6 months ago, I started noticing that the A button is not as responsive but, it hasn't really been a problem until now. I realized that the A button just randomly lets up while I am playing Mario Kart and trust me, that's not the best strategy to winning a race. I did a bit more research into the subject matter and I have 4 options from here. Just so you know, I have A9LH installed and a few out-of-region games installed.
  1. I could disassemble my 3DS and fix/replace the contact for the A button myself. Aprox. Price Range: $20 - $200 ($200 if I f*ck something up and just have to go with Option 4)
  2. I could send the console into Nintendo for a 'somewhat' cheap repair. Aprox. Price Range: $80 - $200 ($200 if Nintendo decides to say, "F*ck you for hacking our console! We're not sending it back!" and I have to go with Option 4)
  3. I could hire someone to do the repairs for me. Aprox. Price Range: $? - $200 (I don't know how much people are charging these days and I would have to go with Option 4 if they f*ck something up)
  4. I could simply buy a new 3DS altogether (I really would like a New 3DS XL :)) Aprox. Price Range: $19.95 - $330 ($19.95 if I buy a used O3DS from eBay or $330 if I want a New 3DS XL from Walmart (Pretty damn expensive for a portable game console if you ask me :P)
So yea, no matter what I go with, this could end up being a tad bit f*cking pricey. Let me know what you guys think I should do. As always, happy hacking! (Or whatever the hell you guys do over in this topic :))

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
  • I could disassemble my 3DS and fix/replace the contact for the A button myself. Aprox. Price Range: $20 - $200 ($200 if I f*ck something up and just have to go with Option 4)
Do this, it's not actually that difficult, how do I know you may ask? I motherboard swapped a 3ds xl today. It's actually quite easy. You just need a Philips #00 screwdriver and some patience. Here's a guide.

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do this, it's not actually that difficult, how do I know you may ask? I motherboard swapped a 3ds xl today. It's actually quite easy. You just need a Philips #00 screwdriver and some patience. Here's a guide.
I've already looked into that but, where's the risk protection? Knowing my luck, I will end up breaking something. Hell, I ended up bricking my phone because I had ADB USB Debugging disabled just a couple hours earlier and then I decided to install custom recovery to a Samsung phone. That's simply how unlucky I am. But, thanks for your feedback. I guess I will look into it if I have no other choice.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I've already looked into that but, where's the risk protection? Knowing my luck, I will end up breaking something. Hell, I ended up bricking my phone because I had ADB USB Debugging disabled just a couple hours earlier and then I decided to install custom recovery to a Samsung phone. That's simply how unlucky I am. But, thanks for your feedback. I guess I will look into it if I have no other choice.
The worst you can really do is tear a ribbon cable, but those are very easy to replace.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: proflayton123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro