[Q] Zelda 1.1.2 update

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by gerazzo, Apr 27, 2017.

1. gerazzo
    OP

gerazzo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Italy
    Hi evreryone,

since my switch is not configured to be connected via WIFI (to void an automatic system update) I'm interested in updating the game.

Obviuosly I'd like to be sure to update only the game (connecting to wifi) not system.

Is there anyway to do it?

Thanks

2. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    wifi only

3. gerazzo
    OP

gerazzo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Italy
    Thanks.... but i mean if there is a way to be sure to update only the game not the system.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    yes when you start the game choose update it will only download the update for zelda. make sure it says it's a zelda update and not system

5. gerazzo
    OP

gerazzo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Italy
    when youre connected to the web and start the game it says generically "software update" so it's difficoult to understand.
    I know its also possible to press + on the game and select update from the menu... never done before and want to be sure...

6. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Yes, connect to wifi, press +/- on the game, select update and it will only update the game, not the system. When update is done installing, disconnect from wifi and reboot console to clear pending system update. I did this for Bomberman R.

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Soon the switch is going to have peer to peer updating for games and the system. I was reading, it can't be turned off. Comes in a spring update. Supposed to be done for conveniencey. But i expect the real reaaon is to decrease the number of low/old firmware switches.

8. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    This ^

Nintendo is trying hard to cut out hacks.
    But yes just update the game via the game icon and discount after..
    But there is still a chance it will auto download the system updates

9. gerazzo
    OP

gerazzo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Italy
    this is why i'm still not doing it....

10. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Don't update it, it's just a stability update and it fixes the infinite arrow glitch

gerazzo likes this.
  11. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Wasn't the 3DS going to do this with streetpass?

Also it seems pointless to those that won't ever take the system out the house or have any Switch owners near it with theirs.

12. gerazzo
    OP

gerazzo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Italy
    good point. Thanks

13. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    From my understanding, Switches on different firmware can't (or soon won't) be able to even connect to each other for lan parties. Lets say you and a few friends went on a road trip and decided to bring your switches for the long car/bus/plane ride. One of you failed to update the game your buddies planned to play. Since everyone else has the update date, him attempting to connect to the party with his switch will trigger his game to update by downloading a copy of the data quickly from someone else's switch....But we will be realist here. This feature is aimed main for the people of Japan and to combat people wanting to stay on old firmware and old updates

14. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Semi true..
    If you get a new game and wanns play it online they will force you to update it in order to play online.
    Thats how song has been doing if for a while.
    So then you gotts choice between online or offline. And when you pay for online your normal choice is update.