Android (Q): Some specific andriod emulation questions

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay all,
i have some specific questions related to emulation on andriod that i need help with (if possble):

1) um, i saw a post that stated that it is possble to play Philips CDI on andriod through MAME emu in retroarch,
(but for my device, note 8 pro) the retorarch i have is 64bit, and it doesn't have the regular "Arcade MAME" core that is needed for CDI
emlation to work) the other MAME Cores don't work for cdi, eg. MAME 2000, 2003 & 2003- PLUS.).

not sure if the 32bit verion has the plain MAME core?

since im using the 64bit version of retroarch, can i aslo use the 32bit? or will it overwitre the 64bit that i have already installed?
for dolphin emu, i can use both MMJ and Developemnt versions on my andriod phone (they are spearate versions).

2) for damon ps2, can you play it offline?
like the other emus? i can't seem to find a version of the emu that works on andriod 10 (it won't boot/frezze on black screen/crash).

thanx any help is appriacted :)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
1: You can't run 32bit apps on a 64bit ROM. The cores are very likely not different between architectures, too.
2: DamonPS2 can't be played offline due to it's DRM. I'd really recommend finding another option if you don't plan to pay for it as there is no crack for it, it's filled with ads that are blocker aware, and if you care about this sort of thing, uses a bunch of stolen code from PCSX2.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1: You can't run 32bit apps on a 64bit ROM. The cores are very likely not different between architectures, too.
2: DamonPS2 can't be played offline due to it's DRM. I'd really recommend finding another option if you don't plan to pay for it as there is no crack for it, it's filled with ads that are blocker aware, and if you care about this sort of thing, uses a bunch of stolen code from PCSX2.

hay joom, um yeah for retroarch, i got to run the 32bit version (RA_32)
that i installed from libretro site,

it has the Arcade MAME _current core only, wereas the AArch64 bit or the regualr RA version from playstore does not.

i can't seem to get philips CD-I games to run in retorach through MAME - Current core,

i have followed the guide for this core on andriod, but nothing works,
it gets just on a gray lunch screen,

https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/comments/980mar/tutorial_phillips_cdi_on_android/

i got cd-I to work via MAMEUI 32 bit on my windows 7, using the cdibios only, and that needed some mix and match to get it to work properly as when i booted up the bois, mameui complanted that it was missing two files, so i had the files from another bois, and took them and added them into the cdibois.zip file, and then my games worked (all bootted) the sound was a bit glitchy and slow, but it worked.

also, on andriod there is mame4all pak that has cdi bios running, but i can't seem to run any of the games for it,

maybe they need to be converted to a specific mame version?
the mame version of retroarch on andriod was v0.223.

maybe the cdi games need to be converted to v.0223 so they can work proeprly?

not sure if hyperspin for andriod can run cd_i games?
there is a way to get hyperspin on andriod.

also, does mame current run .chd files? i can't get cdi ones to work.

yeah, the devs of damonps2 should have :

- had the app be offline like all the other emulatours out there
- not paid, but a free version that has the same stuff as paid.

if they intsead tdid these, they'd be far better off,
but they decided to be cheap and use the app to do things that are not A-okay,

why does damonps2 need to be online? so they can steal poeple' data?
that's totaly stupid, all the other emulaoturs are compeolely offline and they are free even!

damonps2 should be free and offline like the other emulaorus are.
the damon devs even stoe code from citra, dolphin and others also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1