Homebrew Emulator What "arcade boards" can emulate each core of MAME 2003 Plus? (meaning of each MAME 2003 Plus core?)

SaulFabre

Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello!!! :D

I recently started using RetroArch Wii for play a bunch of arcade games on Wii.

Since i'm interested in MAME arcade games i started using MAME 2003 Plus cores which comes with RetroArch Wii (specifically i'm using @SuperrSonic's RA-HEXAECO), and I got working PAC-MAN in the Core A, but i don't know what does the cores "mean", or better said, what arcade thing can emulate each core variant.

I have all these core variants of MAME 2003 Plus:

upload_2021-7-30_9-20-8.png

These MAME 2003 Plus cores are in my RA-HEXAECO 7z file, but i don't know what type of arcade can emulate each one of these "cores".

• mame03_plus_coreA.dol (i think for Namco System 1 arcade machine games but i'm not sure)
  • mame03_plus_coreB.dol (?)
  • mame03_plus_coreC.dol (?)
  • mame03_plus_coreD.dol (?)
  • mame03_plus_coreE.dol (?)
  • mame03_plus_coreF.dol (?)
  • mame03_plus_coreG.dol (?)
  • mame078.dol (?)
  • mame2003_midway.dol (?)
I've also found these other variants of "arcade emulators" in RA-HEXAECO:
  • mrboom.dol (?)
  • segasonicbros_coreD.dol (?)
  • sailormn_fba2012.dol (?)
  • pacman.dol (?)
  • tyrquake.dol (?)
  • tmnt_xmen_twin_ultra_coreE.dol (?)
  • cannonball.dol (?)
Can anyone explain me what is the meaning of each variant of all of these MAME2003 Plus cores? Better said, can anyone tell me what arcade machine can handle/emulate each core of MAME 2003 Plus?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Rainman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there the different cores were created for best compatibility for mame games. There was a list ages ago that specified which games for which core would work. I don’t know if I still have it someone may be able to link the thread to it on here or provide it. midway core I think is for mk games from what I can remember like 1-2.

Reactions: SaulFabre

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mame2003-compatibility-list.551556/

@SaulFabre
This list started by @Tetsuo Shima is as complete you will find. I myself poured a lot of time into this project along with Tetsuo, @mastershoes and many others. It is not 100% complete but i would consider it done for the most part.

The midway core is an extension of core C.

For games that have not been verified but are very likely to run... Spoiler on post #73 of that thread.

Please keep in mind @Wiimpathy RA 1.7.6 modified cores are much more stable/compatible than the RA-SS cores in my testings. The vast majority will work but some games requiring sound samples need to placed in the correct folder/path. Ill post RA-SS audio samples path when i get a chance on my Wii.

Cannonball is an emulator for enhanced version of arcade game Outrun. It is excellent and if you cannot find the files necessary to get it running PM me. The other dols you posted, i have not tested or was unable to get running.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

SaulFabre

Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mame2003-compatibility-list.551556/

@SaulFabre
This list started by @Tetsuo Shima is as complete you will find. I myself poured a lot of time into this project along with Tetsuo, @mastershoes and many others. It is not 100% complete but i would consider it done for the most part.

The midway core is an extension of core C.

For games that have not been verified but are very likely to run... Spoiler on post #73 of that thread.

Please keep in mind @Wiimpathy RA 1.7.6 modified cores are much more stable/compatible than the RA-SS cores in my testings. The vast majority will work but some games requiring sound samples need to placed in the correct folder/path. Ill post RA-SS audio samples path when i get a chance on my Wii.

Cannonball is an emulator for enhanced version of arcade game Outrun. It is excellent and if you cannot find the files necessary to get it running PM me. The other dols you posted, i have not tested or was unable to get running.
Ok thanks for the info @RunningSnakes ;)

Reactions: RunningSnakes
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Omeg @ Omeg: RIP