WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I'm already aware of the KARL and OSKA projects and I'm also aware that they don't want piracy - which is fine, I don't mind about that but I have a simple (and probably nooby) question.

If individuals are able to RE Gateway, are they basing their CFW from it? I mean, if they've already RE'd it - why are they writing bootstraps and stuff? Wouldn't it be easier to remove their dumb "GW card check thing" and add code that prevents piracy, then make a new Launcher.dat?

I'm a total noob at this stuff so... I just want to know the details... I also wish KARL and OSKA the best!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KARL began as an alternative emuNAND solution for the new3DS because it had been 3 months since Gateway teased new3DS support with no release.

So being able to RE Gateway's loader would have achieved nothing because the loader didn't support the new3DS until the last week or so.

It's based around Ninjhax because it was the only universal exploit available (eg. It works on any 3DS model)

OSKA is built upon the bootstrap the KARL3DS crew created, so it too is built around Ninjhax.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
KARL began as an alternative emuNAND solution for the new3DS because it had been 3 months since Gateway teased new3DS support with no release.

So being able to RE Gateway's loader would have achieved nothing because the loader didn't support the new3DS until the last week or so.

It's based around Ninjhax because it was the only universal exploit available (eg. It works on any 3DS model)

OSKA is built upon the bootstrap the KARL3DS crew created, so it too is built around Ninjhax.

I see. I also thought that OSKA was using Gateways 3.1 launcher code, seeing as they shared the decrypter for it...

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the whole point of OSKA was in response to KARL being anti-piracy and not open source. People didn't like howthe KARL project was putting up artificial barriers to full access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)