Hardware Q: How to map L R buttons to Y X with 3in1/AKAIO?

surferboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

With an EZFlash 3in1 and an Acekard/AKAIO, is it possible to map the L and R buttons to be replaced/duplicated by the Y and X buttons? I googled/searched around but with little success. Is it possible? If not, does anyone have any hard info on why not? Thanks!

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is just me talking from no experience in the field but I presume that this is not possible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these things just flash the GBA rom to the DS's slot-2, using the DS's GBA mode. So you cannot switch what buttons map to what controls.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The button mapping is hardcoded, afaik the DS even turn off the other buttons (or well, stops the hardware listening to input from them is probably a more correct way of putting it) together with other DS specific hardware components when going into GBA mode.

Perhaps a firmware hack could do it, but I seriously doubt it. If it was possible, Flashme would have it implemented already, it's not like you're the first one to ask for this :>

[edit] If you're a real badass with the soldering iron, and have worked some with SM components before, it would probably be possible to install a switch to physically remap the buttons. You'd have to find a really tiny one with plenty of poles though. I don't dare to guess how many poles you'd need since I have no idea how the controller circuit works. Basically it boils down to if you have to switch both sides of the buttons (if the signal is fed back to the controller chip(unlikely)) or just one (if the button just connects an input on the controller circuit to a power source or a ground connection (more likely))

[edit2] Forget the first edit, I misunderstood what you wanted to do first. A simple solution could be to just parallel couple the X button with the R button and the Y button with the L button. And of course you'd want a switch to break the parallel coupling too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.