Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PSP version of CoTW had the polish that they also added to the XBLA version. Refined graphics, a little voice acting, more effects.

The other thing about the psp version was that it was harder, and that's not just me saying that, the AI was actually scripted to be harder and smarter. And one thing that bugged me-there was a bug that no one ever addressed where none of the companion abilities ever worked at all.

Anyway, I opted for the PSP version because my DS is currently shared with my siblings >_< but no one touches my PSP so I had more peace playing it on PSP. Hard to say which version I preferred though.

I'm dying to play PQ2. It looks just as good as CoTW so far
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The only thing I'm disappointed about this time around was that there's no PSP version. The PSP version was awesome. Better visuals and soundtrack. I know you may go "lol" at that for Puzzle Quest but the game actually looked in sounded great... For me at least. Not to mention a wider screen always helps.

But hopefully since it's a DS-and-XBLA exclusive effort, the DS version will get more tailoring to it.

Hmm...really? I imagine the presentation on PSP being much better, but I'd still much rather control the game on DS. That's part of what makes Puzzle Quest so addicting for me -- same with Bejeweled Twist.

Well, it's not really timing or fast-paced, so I can take all the time in the world changing around pieces. And this is one of the times that I prefer the presentation over the controls, since the controls are still good on the PSP version.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, it's not really timing or fast-paced, so I can take all the time in the world changing around pieces. And this is one of the times that I prefer the presentation over the controls, since the controls are still good on the PSP version.

True enough. I just personally always enjoyed the tactile experience of moving the pieces around with the stylus. Of course, I did play Galactrix on PC, and yeah, it's a pretty vast difference in terms of presentation. The sound really helps to suck you into the experience.

derblubber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also very excited about this game! Do i see this right, the game is in stock on Amazon.com, but no ROM yet? That would mean it should be out any moment now
smile.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Tomorrow, really ?!

No, no no no no no no

This game is the devil, deprived me of plenty of sleeping hours (Just one more battle I tell my self), its gonna be CotW all over again...

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stylus was okay but I had some miss-queues moving them around as such sometimes. Mouse was by far the best control device bar none.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monopoman said:
Stylus was okay but I had some miss-queues moving them around as such sometimes. Mouse was by far the best control device bar none.

Yeah, I later moved from Galactrix on DS to PC, and the control was quite satisfying. That being said, I still preferred the stylus -- more satisfying, and honestly, Puzzle Quest is just one of those games you want to crawl up in bed with and play for an hour or so before conking out.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really want this one. For some reason I just didn't like the original DS version, but I loved the XBLA version.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's nothing like getting a game like Toy Story 3 a week before its dated release, and then having to wait for something like Puzzle Quest 2.
tongue.gif

I'm really anxious to see how the weapons/armor thing plays out. I'm guessing matching gems to use the benefits of items counts as a turn, so hopefully they're meaningful additions.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it looks like they function similar to spells, but we'll have to see. Even still, changing up your spell and ability list by changing equipment is kind of a cool idea. And the "items" thing looks useful too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work