Homebrew PunEmu

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
childish? this is a way to play video games! on a video game console! everything about this is childish. and please read the first post again...

if you dont see the point, then keep it to yourself. im busy using this to play n64 games from a ext4 partitioned HDD. and i have 9000 games all rolled into 1 single file on my hard drive instead of all individual files. but since you people cant grasp concepts besides "oh this is a iso, i have to burn it to a dvd? fuck that" please just bypass this thread, it was not meant for you.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just have to say great job .
smile.gif
this will be nice For when i want to play some retro in a USBloader
smile.gif
great job .

And alot easyer to store
smile.gif

Err0rist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riahc3 said:
rolandpibb said:
Good job giantpune! One small complaint, however. Your fake "health and info" screen is hilarious, but did you need the swear in there? Any chance I could change or blur that out? I would love to give the kids access to the emulators from their kid friendly USB loader setup...
+1

Unneccesary and childish.

I still dont really see much point in this, like others have said but oh well.
Cry about the splash screen when the source is included?

I have every GBA, NES, SNES and Genesis game in one iso, how is that useless?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err0rist said:
riahc3 said:
rolandpibb said:
Good job giantpune! One small complaint, however. Your fake "health and info" screen is hilarious, but did you need the swear in there? Any chance I could change or blur that out? I would love to give the kids access to the emulators from their kid friendly USB loader setup...
+1

Unneccesary and childish.

I still dont really see much point in this, like others have said but oh well.
Cry about the splash screen when the source is included?

I have every GBA, NES, SNES and Genesis game in one iso, how is that useless?

...and even if you can't compile, someone posted a main.dol with a nintendo logo splash screen instead of the original one.

SOuimet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using this kind of setup, would it be possible to have a single interface with all the games, and launching the appropriate emulator with the game?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff m8.

I've no time for the Wii these days but had to take the time to post. The best thing about these images is that you can really organise your games well. You don't need to cram millions of roms in, you can have many images with alternate sets of roms and keep it VERY easy to manage.

I myself use them to group character sets EG: Zeldas, or mario etc.

Also by renaming roms (to get multiple saves) I've got ones that my son or daughter can load and be taken to their own favourites. This saves time, looks great and and is configurable as it is needed to be.

I wonder what you will be doing next ... hmm

Anyone that can't find a use for this should read first before posting because imho this is useful for anyone that uses roms. If you cant find a use for it then you need to find one because it has many.

btw, happy new year. Hope you have a good one
wink.gif

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds great, but is there a link to this file already packed into an iso to save time. If not I will try ti figure this out on my own. I have never out together a file like this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The answer is "obviously not". Either such an iso would have 0 games on it, or the link would be removed because it would contain pirated stuff.
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey giantpune are you going make a how to do this video or no? like a turitoal i mean.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need a video. instructions using wit, terminal, and windows exploder...
1) "wit copy --fst"
2) look at the images in the first post. put your roms in the same directories as mine. (optional) rename them to match the name of my cheat files. (optional) put the 2 game genie roms for NES and SEGA in the same place i have mine.
3) "wit copy < your output file> --wbfs"

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
giantpune said:
you dont need a video. instructions using wit, terminal, and windows exploder...
1) "wit copy --fst"
2) look at the images in the first post. put your roms in the same directories as mine. (optional) rename them to match the name of my cheat files. (optional) put the 2 game genie roms for NES and SEGA in the same place i have mine.
3) "wit copy < your output file> --wbfs"
Exactly this does http://gbatemp.net/t269893-punemu?st=30&am...p;#entry3348800
Advantage: clicks instead of writing commands.

Jimpex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does this disc requires a min. SystemMenu version, cIOS or something??

I have two Wiis.
On one (FW 4.1E, with USB-Loader GX (1019), cIOS Rev14) the discs runs withot problems.
On my other Wii (FW 3.2E, USB-Loader GX (927), cIOS Rev10) the disc loads, but an error is displayed: "cannot read disc partition" (or something like that...) -> here you can only choose to "exit" the emulator...

Thanks in advance

Jimpex

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Phew...it took me more time than I thought it would be, but after spitting through every piece of text and youtube-vid on this thread, I finally got it to work.
smile.gif

I said it before, but I'll say it again: thanks a lot, Giantpune. If you're anything like your application, you're nothing less than awesome!
yaywii.gif

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a backup loader is not an emulator, but they kind of achieve the same thing, playing games. And there is no current way of loading Wiiware from a disc. Just a general question.

Oh nevermind, I just remembered that Mighty Channels doesn't have a DVD option, where as the emulators used in punemu do have an option for DVD support.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mighty channels is an emulator. So are the emulators in punemu. I think he's asking to play wiiware/VC from DVD.

@sickpuppy: I don't think you should get your hopes up, mate. mighty channels is still in beta, and depends on more than just a fakesigned IOS to work. Furthermore, mighty channels doesn't support save redirection (it isn't even on a to-do list), which means that the games wouldn't play to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag