Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The one that shows your local time is really convient, especially for, like you said, Pokemon battles and all that jazz.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Added the biorhythm one.

U29tZSBHdXk=.gif

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, people don't really know hex.

Should just have decimal 0-255 as input and then either convert that to hex or preferably just output using HTML's 'rgb(r,g,b)'.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mazor said:

Should just have decimal 0-255 as input and then either convert that to hex or preferably just output using HTML's 'rgb(r,g,b)'.Between hex and decimal colors, I was thinking hex would be more familiar to people since it's used in bbcode, and in html/css which people use to style online profiles and such.

Is there a popular place the decimal value would be used that I'm not aware of? I don't do social networking stuff mostly.

QUOTE(Terminator02 @ Mar 31 2011, 04:55 PM) i meant old school internet explorer RGB
Are you referring to CSS, which can use single digits for each value?

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Mazor said:

Should just have decimal 0-255 as input and then either convert that to hex or preferably just output using HTML's 'rgb(r,g,b)'.
Between hex and decimal colors, I was thinking hex would be more familiar to people since it's used in bbcode, and in html/css which people use to style online profiles and such.

Is there a popular place the decimal value would be used that I'm not aware of? I don't do social networking stuff mostly.
From what I know, people actually just click buttons instead of typing in hex to create bbcode and style online profiles.

I'm not sure about any particular popular place, but many people know what RGB is. However, they most likely don't know that when prompted to type "Color hex" they should type red, green and blue values as hexadecimals (and assuming they don't type hex colors otherwise, they won't know what to do).

Regardless, not a big issue.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That seems pretty good and wouldn't necessarily be limiting as the dropdown could be placed above fields like the current ones (I would again say that the fields should use decimals rather than hex, but that is as previously stated based on my personal impression that people don't know what the fuck hex is, as opposed to familiar decimals) so that either the dropdown or the fields can be used.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although a bit of a lazy solution, that seems fine as well. As long as something is very easy and people know what they should do, almost anything works.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The one I linked to is all fancy and interactive and shit, I'll edit the form to match it.

EDIT: And of course when I edit the features the proper URLs change, I should add that note to the first post.

EDIT2: While I'm at it, I'll edit the countup one to count years as well, so expect lots of breaking for now.

EDIT3: Okay, countup now displays the number of years, assuming at least a year has passed.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
The one I linked to is all fancy and interactive and shit, I'll edit the form to match it.

EDIT: And of course when I edit the features the proper URLs change, I should add that note to the first post.

EDIT2: While I'm at it, I'll edit the countup one to count years as well, so expect lots of breaking for now.

EDIT3: Okay, countup now displays the number of years, assuming at least a year has passed.

Nice work. One little thing though, if you click the link to the colour picker, the page will jump to that page, you might want to add target="_blank" to the url tag to let it load in a separate window or tab.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
Nice work. One little thing though, if you click the link to the colour picker, the page will jump to that page, you might want to add target="_blank" to the url tag to let it load in a separate window or tab.Good idea, done.

QUOTE(naved.islam14 @ Apr 4 2011, 05:43 AM) I like the idea but the GMT +5:30 is the Colombo time
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1