Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well it looks like that Winnie the Pooh got horror movie,but Disney who owns Winnie the Pooh is not lawsuiting a creator for this nowadays.
Disney does not own Winnie the Pooh, the character is in the public domain and anyone can use it in their work now.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blame all the idiocy down to those who profit off Steamboat Willie without permission from Disney. They somehow found a loophole in the copyright system, and now I get this recommended to me.

1704409693039.png

What a fucking joke.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if disney did did this on purpose to answeer the question "what can Possibly go wrong?" i guess we got our answer, now i can see TPC extendnig copyright til humanity dies off to prevent pokemon from going PD though (I hope it'll be treated more kindly) if it did

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if Disney did did this on purpose to fully answer the question of "What could possibly go wrong?". I guess we got our answer, now i can see TPC extending the copyrights til humanity dies off to prevent Pokemon from going PD though (I hope it'll be treated more kindly) if it did.
If Nintendo ever did this, then the reaction would be the exact opposite.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure the NOA building would be a pile of cinders and rubble if they do that pretty sure the reason why disney hasn't done it (yet) is becausei'm thinking it can't be that vague or it can be challenged easily as uncon (though i'm supprised extending it about 10X by now hasn't triggered a challenge yet well at least a decent one) this just adds ammo to disneys artilery I myself rather see reform in the form of higher "fair use in good faith" (meaning as long as tthe project is not to distain or troll the copyright and no profit (including donations) are made the creators of fan projects should be protected

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly... Why a horror movie? Just fucking yawn... Be a bit more original with it for goofy's sake!
Because horror movies don't need a large budget, don't need big name actors, and don't need to be good, in order to make money.
Also, FNAF and clones are CRAZY popular recently so "horror with kiddie mascots" is all the rage.

salazarcosplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we can get a Seth McFarlene movie with a inspired version of Mickey mouse.

I say this because I always felt Ted was a grown up version of Winnie the Pooh.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol