PUBG Corp. backs out of lawsuit against Epic Games and Fortnite

IMG_8195.JPG

If you thought you'd only have a mere single Fortnite lawsuit scandal on the front page today, you were wrong. PUBG Corp and Bluehole, who took Epic Games to court in May over similarities between PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite, have decided to pull out of the lawsuit and cancel their case. The suit has been officially withdrawn in the South Korean courts, and won't be proceeding. Neither company has provided a statement about if the case had been settled out of court, or why PUBG Corp decided to back out only just now. It could however be attributed to the fact that Epic is the company that provides the engine for PUBG, or that Tencent, a Chinese company, has partial ownership in both subsidiaries.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering what a righteous prick the lead developer/designer of PUBG is, I would have been on hand with popcorn to watch things unfold if they get/got counter-sued for their attitude problem. The guy is long overdue for an ego check, honestly.

I would say the same thing about Crytek, because they are a dev house that seems to think they are just owed everything from everyone. And the only reason that I would hold off, is the problem where they acquired Free Radical, who owns the IP to Timesplitters. And any chance of actually freeing that IP to someone that would actually care enough to make a game with it again, is for Crytek to still be around to buy it from.

Reactions: DarthDub

MrLucariox

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
The lawsuit was unecessary from the beginning. They are just struggling to take back their players from Fortnite and the other F2P Battle Royale clones.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude