PSX EBOOT improvement tutorial?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Devil May Cry, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009
  1. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody here would be interested in me writing a tutorial on adding a pic1, icon0, boot, snd0 and icon1 to PSX EBOOTs in order to make them look like PSP games in the XMB. I just learned how to do this a couple of days ago and it can be a real pain for people like who don't have many artistic programs like Photoshop or Sony Vegas. It really makes a difference after you do it. Just post yay or nay and if there's a good response, I'd be happy to write one up [​IMG]

2. scooochie4

Newcomer scooochie4 Advanced Member

Ireland
    You mean a tutorial on how to create pics and icons or just how to add them? I'd have thought that adding them to the eboot was straight-forward enough (it is with zingaburgas gui anyway)

3. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    adding the pictures is really easy but its finding decent ones to use that I find is the problem if you can solve that then sure go for it I'd love some decent pics for my psx games

4. Devil May Cry
    OP

United States
    The tutorial would be about adding them. The actual hard section would be adding the icon1.pmf which requires multiple programs (at least, I used multiple programs). I would really like to show you guys my Capcom vs SNK Millennium Fight 2000 custom EBOOT, but I have no kind of camera. I can put up the pic1, icon0 and boot I used for Marvel vs Capcom if you guys want.

5. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You should be able to capture the psp screen using one of the plugins. I can't remember the one that allows you to view the games/menu on PC off the top of my head.

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    What am i missing here? Since you're only talking about the process of adding things to PSX eboot's and not eboot's of other things, why is this task any more complicated than just opening up an eboot creation app and adding the icons/background/video/sounds from there. PSx2PSP or RS-GUI PopStationMD make adding these things simple. Unless you're giving details of how to make your own pmf video's (which you don't appear to be) where is the difficulty?

If you're going beyond PSX eboot's and going the route of PBP Unpacker, all i can say is why make it more complicated than necessary?

7. Devil May Cry
    OP

United States
    The meat of the tutorial would've been the icon1.pmf part as everything else is pretty simple. Just re-sizing, saving the snd0 in ATRAC3 66kbps, etc.