PSVR 4.10 on 5.05?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Altanzik, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Altanzik
    OP

Altanzik Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys! Sorry very new to the ps4 scene and trying my hardest to get this darn PSVR working, had it working just fine earlier, but after I updated the firmware to 4.10 on the headset, it now forces me to update. Found another fix on another forum to "spoof" the PSVR to thinking it's on a higher firmware, But now I'm getting the (CE=40170-2) error every time I try to turn the thing on. But I do get picture through the lenses, so that's a start. Anyway you guys can help me figure out how to get past this error screen so I can enjoy some VR goodness again?

Thanks In advance!

-Altan

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by jammybudga777, Oct 7, 2018
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by KiiWii, Oct 7, 2018
    Altanzik likes this.
  4. Altanzik
    OP

Altanzik Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2017
    United States
    So whenever I do try to turn it on before running the payload, I again get prompted with the "update ps4 to use vr" update nag, Running the vr payload literally just gives me the error instead of the update nag, and allows me to actually see the error through the lenses, but after that It kicks me back whenever I press accept or cancel

5. Altanzik
    OP

Altanzik Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2017
    United States
    Just tried that payload (ps4 hen vtx? said welcome to ps4hen 1.8) And that one just gave me the "update to use ps4" nag :( I feel like it's totally on me if it works for everyone else

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

NEVERMIND I'M DUMB!!! I kept sending the freaking "mira hen" from my server AND NOT the new updated 1.7 with vr firmware. My bad! Please don't hurt me too much gbatemp mods.

KiiWii and jammybudga777 like this.
  6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  7. Ceuse

Ceuse GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2017
    Germany
    Short question in general : what benefits does it have to update the psvr headset anyway? Mine is on 3.1 i think and wondering why i should bother with updating at all

8. Touftaf

Touftaf Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    France
    To be able to use it on a 6.00 PS4 and profit of the last VR content. If you only own a jailbreaked PS4 then you don't care about the 4.10 PSVR update and should stay on 3.10

Leeful likes this.
  9. astrojs

astrojs Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Poland
    Just wanted to tell you guys you're awesome. I thought I'd have to buy new PSVR. Now I'm back in the game :)

KiiWii likes this.