OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP2 Is Real, 'Pretty Powerful' And In Developers' Hands

QUOTE said:
In an PAX 2010 interview about the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot, Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick let slip the existence of a PSP2 development unit at Netherrealm Studios.

IndustryGamers asked about the possibility of a version of Mortal Kombat on the current PSP or the upcoming 3DS, and Himmerick replied:

QUOTE said:
“We’re not launching day one on all consoles like that. We are looking at them; we have a PSP2 in the house and we’re looking at the engine, like what can it support. Always a big thing for us is the performance. We’re running at 60 fps, what can we do and do we have to build all the art assets over. We’re definitely looking at them. PSP2 looks like it’s a pretty powerful machine. We don’t have a 3DS system in house yet, but we’re looking to get one, and we’ll certainly look at what its power is.”

So Netherrealm has a PSP2 system, but not a 3DS? How far along is the system and possible launch titles? Previous rumors have pegged the PSP2 as a 2011 hardware launch, but Sony has remained mum on their next portable system, choosing instead to focus on the current generation PSP. What are they hiding in PlayStationland?

source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/psp2-is...velopers-hands/

so the fabled device does exist, im surprised it didnt pop up in TGS
but more to the point of "pretty powerful" which seems it will be pretty high end compared to what we have seen to far

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice this suggests sony have something to hide about PSP2 (since 'MOM's the word ;D) and are gonna be rivalling 3DS asap
smile.gif
Should be a good console war

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this before, i didn't post it as it doesn't say anything substantial. Anyways, like I said no real info on it other than it exists, I just hope Sony releases it after the shock-wave of the 3DS (like holiday 2011)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I want to know is, will PSP2 at least feature games installed on flash-based memory sticks?
UMDs were cumbersome, downloads only was the death of the PSP Go, the only feasible way to make the handhelds games market always has been game cartridges.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
What I want to know is, will PSP2 at least feature games installed on flash-based memory sticks?
UMDs were cumbersome, downloads only was the death of the PSP Go, the only feasible way to make the handhelds games market always has been game cartridges.

Comes to something when after all these years of progress and development, we had it right on the original Game Boy.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
making a system powerful doesn't mean it will make it good. sony should have learned that by now
tongue.gif

Because the PS3 was a bad system?

The PSP was powerful and it had some decent games. Not as much as the DS but it was worth a purchase.
You talk like it's dead... But it isn't!
See all the TGS announcements and then we'll talk.
dry.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I expect it to one up the 3DS' graphics, and if we're lucky, actually have some decent controls. This Sony, after all.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sony should probably wait out on the announcement. might loose some of its magic if it really is just a graphics update. devs are way too pumped for 3ds right now, they should probably just wait for the excitement to die down.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Isn't this just a rumor though?
Perhaps it should be labeled as one so people don't fret.
well a game producer wouldnt exactly gain anything for making up a lie

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's real. It's not called "PSP2" or PSP.

Industry Gamers is a bullshit web site. Their idea of "industry" is working at Walmart.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
making a system powerful doesn't mean it will make it good. sony should have learned that by now
tongue.gif

Because the PS3 was a bad system?

The PSP was powerful and it had some decent games. Not as much as the DS but it was worth a purchase.

The PS3 is not a bad system, but it was kinda carried early in life, imo. Developers could barely use any more than 2 of it's 8 SPEs in the beginning because of how awkward it was to work with, making the development result feel equal to the XBox360 in terms of capabilities. They had to wait for Sony to modify their development tools to slowly take advantage of it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Ps3 Controls were awesome what you takling bout bruh?
nayps3.gif

He was probably talking about the analog nub. It worked but it wasn't perfect. I'd rather have a full-on analog stick myself.
Maybe the 2000 and 3000 were better, but the D-Pad makes my thumb cramp up after extended play and the buttons are impossible to press rapidly. R and L jiggle around too. I'm not a fan of any part of the controls, really. And I think you're going too far saying that the analog nub worked.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Persona 3 Portable.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Maybe the 2000 and 3000 were better, but the D-Pad makes my thumb cramp up after extended play and the buttons are impossible to press rapidly. R and L jiggle around too. I'm not a fan of any part of the controls, really. And I think you're going too far saying that the analog nub worked.

I agree, but I loved my org. PSP 1000, the weight, etc. made it feel better made and could handle a drop. Try anything with my 2000, and it's back to gamestop to buy another one.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wut