Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Law said:
Hopefully it'll be gimmick free. I just want to play some damn games.

Probably surmises what any good sensed gamer should think. I don't care what controls it or what new tech is on it, if it plays a good game then you shouldn't care.

And if you're gonna say "OH WELL IT HAS NO GAMES" then you're retarded. It hasn't even been announced yet.

Got to +1 this. I mean Nintendo may be the masters of controller innovation, there's a reason all the "normal" control pads are basically SNES pads with extra shoulder buttons and analogue sticks. But it's not because of the start and select buttons or D-Pads people liked the NES. It was the innovation in the gameplay itself. They may have an habit of using the same tired franchises but my God can they still pack them with innovative gameplay. Now I don't believe Sony have that skill but they do pull in a lot of 3rd parties with. Lets see if they can encourage them to innovate instead of taking a safe bet.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said earlier the PS2P doesn't have to output a 1920 x 1080 image nor does it need to have bandwidth to cope with the huge textures required for the larger resolutions. The resolution will probably only be around 600 x XXX so it only has to do about 1/10th the work of its big brother.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TCJJ said:
I think a good example here is to look at computers. Notebooks are crap. To be honest, I find them pointless. Laptops are pretty powerful, some even housing two HDDs and fans today, but then compare that to a top-of-the-line desktop computer and they're NOTHING. The way I see it, the PS3 compared to the PSP2 is like comparing a laptop to a notebook - the way I see it, there is a smaller gap between desktops and laptops than there is between laptops and notebooks. That said, laptops still have nothing on desktop computers. But the PS3 is huge and still overheats. The PS3 Slim is as small as they could get the damn thing. Any smaller and it'd kill itself with too much heat too quickly.
wait...dont you mean netbooks instead notebooks?
and they're quite useful for...well, browsing while on the way.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
As I said earlier the PS2P doesn't have to output a 1920 x 1080 image nor does it need to have bandwidth to cope with the huge textures required for the larger resolutions. The resolution will probably only be around 600 x XXX so it only has to do about 1/10th the work of its big brother.

Not really. It used to be so simple to work out with fixed pipeline graphics chipsets, but dropping the resolution doesn't help as much with fully programmable pipelines.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
Do you ever have a clue what you're talking about or do you just spew typed diarrhea?
in 6 months time when sony decides to release the psp2 revision and it has 3D tech than come back here and we'll talk
rofl.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Do you ever have a clue what you're talking about or do you just spew typed diarrhea?
in 6 months time when sony decides to release the psp2 revision and it has 3D tech than come back here and we'll talk
rofl.gif

When that comes you'll just go "OH SONY'S A COPYCAT LOL". So on one hand you want Sony to do want Nintendo's doing, but on the other hand you don't want them to rip off their ideas. That doesn't seem very logical.

QUOTE(TCJJ @ Jan 15 2011, 01:34 PM)
I think a good example here is to look at computers. Notebooks are crap. To be honest, I find them pointless. Laptops are pretty powerful, some even housing two HDDs and fans today, but then compare that to a top-of-the-line desktop computer and they're NOTHING. The way I see it, the PS3 compared to the PSP2 is like comparing a laptop to a notebook - the way I see it, there is a smaller gap between desktops and laptops than there is between laptops and notebooks. That said, laptops still have nothing on desktop computers. But the PS3 is huge and still overheats. The PS3 Slim is as small as they could get the damn thing. Any smaller and it'd kill itself with too much heat too quickly.

So what makes the PSP2 a Notebook and not a laptop? It's a portable and possibly relatively powerful system (probably not up to PS3 on power but odds are it'll have enough power to make games that look as good as PS3 games). And that's not exactly a good comparison either. It's like calling a Wii a "desktop" and a DS a "laptop" or "notebook". The DS, though, has a completely different slew of games and operations than a Wii. Same with a PSP to a PS3. PSPs aren't portable PS3's, they're just as unique a handheld as the DS is to the Wii. Different games, different control schemes, different functions.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*Off-topic portion removed

Ontopic: Im going to give Sony the benefit of the doubt, something I hardly do, and say the PSP2 will be a nice system. They will also learn from their mistakes and possibly make is PSP Go like with additional storage and the option to buy memory sticks or insert SD cards and still include regular physical games. Perhaps something Steam like so you can buy the game in the store and download it to keep it nice and unscratchified?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
So on one hand you want Sony to do want Nintendo's doing,
um i've never said that ever
laugh.gif

But seeing you're usual slander I can instantly see you going "wow sonys so unoriginal i mean cmon they cant think of there own ideas
rofl.gif
".

Either way you just like slinging shit that you have no real point of slinging. Sony makes good games. They make good consoles. If you think otherwise then too bad.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
Sony makes good games.
wait sony makes games? oh you mean ape escape yes and they havn't made a GOOD game after that in years.
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jan 16 2011, 02:00 AM) They make good consoles.
1 time they did before the GFX whores decided that good games need more poweeeeeer and BLOOM
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Sony makes good games.
they used to
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jan 16 2011, 02:00 AM) They make good consoles.
1 time they did before the GFX whores decided that good games need more poweeeeeer and BLOOM
tongue.gif

Okay, you just have no taste in games.

There's nothing wrong with a game looking good. Graphics don't make the games, but hey, if a game looks pretty, it sure helps the game play better. There's plenty of good looking games (PS3, Xbox 360, whatever) that are excellent. Honestly I'm quite sad I don't own a PS3 myself.

You always pride yourself on being a "true gamer" but you have a shit taste in games. You spend so much effort bashing other consoles while if you were a REAL gamer you'd accept that every console has pros and cons and every console has great games. Honestly this is a generation where every console is worth having.

Looking at Sony's consoles...

- PSX: Amazing console, I'd say it beats the N64 any day. Sure it doesn't have Zelda or Perfect Dark but it's got such a great library.
- PS2: Highest selling console and rightly so. So many good games. While Spyro and Crash were sadly phased out we got Jak and Ratchet, which are worthy successors. Then there's God of War, Devil May Cry, MGS2 and 3, more RPGs (I know FF fans go bonkers over X, even though it looks shitty in terms of plot and characters), etc.
- PS3: I can't really see how you can REALLY hate this system. Jak was phased out for Uncharted (not really the same vibe but it's the studios flagship now) and Ratchet's still there. God of War 3's there, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, GT5 (although I always found GT to be pretty boring), etc. And hey, if not you still got a Bluray player out of it, whoopie.
- PSP: It's not bad at all. God of War games are pretty good on it, Ratchet got a good game on it as well. Jak games are meh but aren't that bad. Peace Walker is amazing, it probably has the best Puzzle Quest iteration (since I found the graphics and portability combined outweigh the DS and console versions, although I haven't tried the PC one). Also got some nice Persona remakes/ports (whatever they are), ability to play PSX games on-the-go, and it has some decent media functions (music, movies, internet (although the browser is shitty as hell), RSS, etc). It's just unfortunate that it's such a dried up system now, but buying it for the titles it has is worth it.

I don't go ga-ga over Sony, I just like my PSP and I'm sick of people giving shit to Sony that's completely undeserved.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres how I see the 3 major console companies right about now.
Picture the Triforce
Power - Sony
Wisdom - Microsoft
Courage - Nintendo

Power being Sony is pretty self explanatory they're power crazed. think that just because they have some good specs they'll sell. overall pretty naive.

Wisdom for Microsoft, well I figure they played things smart went with some good graphics and a great online system to attract consumers. but is usually playing it safe when it comes to unexplored areas of innovation usually waiting for courage to take the chance and then seeing how it plays out for them before joining.

Courage for Nintendo, being the first to pioneer new innovative tech as corresponding to video games. they took a chance and profited while making tons of new
customers along the way, trouncing Power in sales and saving Wisdom from the evil clutches of Power.

Ok so some of that isn't very true, but for the most part I think it is.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pocchama1996 said:
Picture the Triforce
Power - Sony
Wisdom - Microsoft
Courage - Nintendo
I say Microsoft is all 3. They released the Kinect, something nobody thought would sell. And they've sold over 7 million of them. they where sold out in stores here. I myself even got one lolol. You have to have courage to come up with something new, go mad with power to want to release something so lame, and be wise enough to make it sell amazingly well, even with such a small lineup of launch titles. it didn't even include a free gold card.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
pocchama1996 said:
Picture the Triforce
Power - Sony
Wisdom - Microsoft
Courage - Nintendo
I say Microsoft is all 3. They released the Kinect, something nobody thought would sell. And they've sold over 7 million of them. they where sold out in stores here. I myself even got one lolol. You have to have courage to come up with something new, go mad with power to want to release something so lame, and be wise enough to make it sell amazingly well, even with such a small lineup of launch titles. it didn't even include a free gold card.

Id think that too only if it were true the world would be in chaos. seeing as Microsoft is a terrible person surely them acquiring all 3 triforces would be catastrophic. and thus somebody else must have the others.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
pocchama1996 said:
Bunie said:
pocchama1996 said:
Picture the Triforce
Power - Sony
Wisdom - Microsoft
Courage - Nintendo

Id think that too only if it were true the world would be in chaos. seeing as Microsoft is a terrible person surely them acquiring all 3 triforces would be catastrophic. and thus somebody else must have the others.

This whole triforce discussion sounds like a terrible fanfic.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link would buy them all, as Link is Link and Link bombs Dodongos and doesn't afraid of anything.
Except bombing random walls and having to pay 100 rupee fines after working so hard to find the moblin hideouts to pay for his new 360 after the old one RROD'd

Just realized how severely this has gone off topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...