PSP2 as powerfull as PS3

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Bladexdsl said:
Guild McCommunist said:
gfxwhoretag.jpg
That is why you failed..
--- end of line ---
sleep.gif

Anyone that can call Guild a Graphics whore doesn't know a damn thing about Guild. Just saying.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
TCJJ said:
There is no way it'll be as powerful as a PS3. Sure, everything will be relative to the size, such as the fact that it has a smaller screen, but it's still gonna have to be bigger than your average notebook computer to prevent a meltdown after half an hour of gameplay, and to house a battery capable of powering the thing. Like I said, it'll all be relative to the size, but if the 3DS has a shit battery life because of rendering images on the screen twice (the 3D effect), the tag mode, and Gamecube-, POSSIBLY Wii-level power, then the PSP2 battery life will be crippled if they try to make it as powerful as a PS3, which I doubt is even possible in such a small space anyway.

I think a good example here is to look at computers. Notebooks are crap. To be honest, I find them pointless. Laptops are pretty powerful, some even housing two HDDs and fans today, but then compare that to a top-of-the-line desktop computer and they're NOTHING. The way I see it, the PS3 compared to the PSP2 is like comparing a laptop to a notebook - the way I see it, there is a smaller gap between desktops and laptops than there is between laptops and notebooks. That said, laptops still have nothing on desktop computers. But the PS3 is huge and still overheats. The PS3 Slim is as small as they could get the damn thing. Any smaller and it'd kill itself with too much heat too quickly.
I think the 3DS uses the NDS Lite battery.. I just wish battery tech would advance quicker.. Damn you lame LI-ONs or NI-MHs.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
DigitalDeviant said:
If it's as powerful as a PS3, please give me a control layout that matches it also. That means 4 shoulder buttons. The PSP had PS2 level graphics but had less buttons than a PS1 controller

More buttons means less portable.

well as long as they continue to port games over(from the consoles), it will lacking in controls, I will rather just play them on a console with more buttons, unless sony will allow you to output to tv via hdmi and use an external controller.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DigitalDeviant said:
TwinRetro said:
DigitalDeviant said:
If it's as powerful as a PS3, please give me a control layout that matches it also. That means 4 shoulder buttons. The PSP had PS2 level graphics but had less buttons than a PS1 controller

well as long as they continue to port games over(from the consoles), it will lacking in controls, I will rather just play them on a console with more buttons, unless sony will allow you to output to tv via hdmi and use an external controller.

This would also defeat the purpose of a PORTABLE console.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
DigitalDeviant said:
TwinRetro said:
DigitalDeviant said:

This would also defeat the purpose of a PORTABLE console.

yes it would, but they better not port over games that need more buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.