PSP2 as powerfull as PS3

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, cause you know people are going to spend a fortune for a portable PS3 that has no games, start saving now because it's going to cost you quite a lot if it's true. I am willing to bank that the new PSP will be over 500 dollars.

Neo_Ch!p

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
Unless something changes soon, this is bringing on the fall of SONY as most of us knew them. There's no content, nothing new, and it's just pieces climbing atop pieces to no real goal or worth.
Fixed

Sony's psp sequel will have to compete heavily as 3d-less glasses is the brink of technology [which Nintendo first claimed the idea for gaming handhelds]. How can you top this? Think about it for a sec. The only way would be to clone it and slap a Sony logo.

I'm pressuming that when they were about to release the psp successor at last years e3 [2010] they saw nintendo's weapon unveiled first. They knew what they had was shit.

So what else can their sony's engineering team come up with? Touchscreen? Industry Standard. Gyroscope implementation? Also standard. Accelerometer?

Do you see my point? Higher graphics is not 'innovation' if thats what there planning on by wowing consumers. Better graphics does not make fun, it plays a role in fun...

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Actually the average consumer is my mom buying something for my little brother for christmas of his birthday and when someone sais the word "PSP2 has better gfx then 3DS" she will buy that one. Why? Because people are dumb and have a tendacy to go for Bigger = Better... its all very Americanized (dont you start bitching at me if youre american, its a powerword)

A friend of mine bought the PSP on launch day and when I showed my DS he lol'ed at me saying "GFX PWN ON PSP"
He is an average consumer.

Ill give you another example, back in the day they used to sell graphiccards differently. Theyd put up a sign "9200XT with 1GB RAM!!!!! Only 50 USD!!!" Everyone bough it. You know why? Bigger is better. The 9200XT was a SHITTY card and for a tiny bit more you could buy a better card but with less RAM, did anyone do that? Hardly because Bigger = Better
totally agree
the same happens with american cars... always above 3.0 L? really?
sony is like the american muscle industry

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why put any media capability like that in a game system. It's a game system, not a music or a video player or a photo viewer.

If you want the kind of system that do those but suck in the gaming department, go get an ipod.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Why put any media capability like that in a game system. It's a game system, not a music or a video player or a photo viewer.

If you want the kind of system that do those but suck in the gaming department, go get an ipod.
I love this post so much.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Giga_Gaia said:

I love this post so much.

Maybe if they'd concentrate on what the system should do, which is gaming, instead of those worthless gimmick, it wouldn't suck. PSP would probably have been better.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
prwlr. said:
I'll probably get a PSP2 over a 3DS.

IMO Sony wins in handheld gaming.

Edit:
I've got both a NDS and PSP and I have spent more time on my PSP than my NDS (I've owned a DS since it was released then got a DS lite). There is some good games for DS but the decent games that are on the DS don't appeal to me while on the PSP, I can have decent looking action type games (T3B, Monster Hunter) and I know everything is changing with the 3DS but it's just 3D with updated graphics that are already looking like that on the PSP.

Don't like my opinion? Deal. With. It.
IMO, If everyone had the same opinion as yours, the PSP would sell more than the NDS and it's variants.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
prwlr. said:

Edit:
I've got both a NDS and PSP and I have spent more time on my PSP than my NDS (I've owned a DS since it was released then got a DS lite). There is some good games for DS but the decent games that are on the DS don't appeal to me while on the PSP, I can have decent looking action type games (T3B, Monster Hunter) and I know everything is changing with the 3DS but it's just 3D with updated graphics that are already looking like that on the PSP.

IMO, If everyone had the same opinion as yours, the PSP would sell more than the NDS and it's variants.
Sucks for Sony that his opinion isn't fact.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
fgghjjkll said:
prwlr. said:

Edit:

IMO, If everyone had the same opinion as his, the global IQ would drop significantly.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GundamXXX said:
Actually the average consumer is my mom buying something for my little brother for christmas of his birthday and when someone sais the word "PSP2 has better gfx then 3DS" she will buy that one. Why? Because people are dumb and have a tendacy to go for Bigger = Better... its all very Americanized (dont you start bitching at me if youre american, its a powerword)

A friend of mine bought the PSP on launch day and when I showed my DS he lol'ed at me saying "GFX PWN ON PSP"
He is an average consumer.

Ill give you another example, back in the day they used to sell graphiccards differently. Theyd put up a sign "9200XT with 1GB RAM!!!!! Only 50 USD!!!" Everyone bough it. You know why? Bigger is better. The 9200XT was a SHITTY card and for a tiny bit more you could buy a better card but with less RAM, did anyone do that? Hardly because Bigger = Better
So which one is it? Is the average consumer a graphics whore or a mum, because they are totally difference demographics. Why do games like Petz sell? It sure as hell isn't the graphics whore buying them, it's the mum. I know a lot of graphics whores too, okay. Trust, as annoying and stupid as I think they are, they're not stupid enough to go on one statement Sony made on an unannounced system unless they are really drilling it into advertisement or press conferences. If that Kevin Butler guy said it in and advertisement, then hell yeah, graphics whores will be all over that shit.

But this statement is not what the average consumer is going to hear. The system isn't even announced. The people who are going to hear it are the people on internet forums who check gaming news everyday, not the average consumer. I still stand by that this statement will not have a huge impact unless it is burrowed into strong advertisement. Perhaps a lot of graphics whores did hear this statement already, but if they did they are going to be searching for as much proof as they can until this system is released. By the time it is released, they would have realized Sony's telling total BS.

I know that sounded confusing, because it did to me. I'm really bad at explaining things, so I apologize. I guess to sum it up is that graphics whores were bound to buy the PSP2 regardless of whether Sony made this statement or not.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't disagree with you, I just think that whatever Sony said, it's not going to impact greatly on sales this early into the game.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the new PSP if you want to empty your wallet... thrice for like, 3 hours of gameplay per 10 hour charge... Seriously though, who cares? If they improve the analog nub and attain a lot of better games (PSP's library was lame) and set a good price point, they might get near Nintendo. Either way, I'm probably getting one of these.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AaronUzumaki said:
Get the new PSP if you want to empty your wallet... thrice for like, 3 hours of gameplay per 10 hour charge... Seriously though, who cares? If they improve the analog nub and attain a lot of better games (PSP's library was lame) and set a good price point, they might get near Nintendo. Either way, I'm probably getting one of these.
you missed steal the 3d tech
tongue.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Yeah, cause you know people are going to spend a fortune for a portable PS3 that has no games, start saving now because it's going to cost you quite a lot if it's true. I am willing to bank that the new PSP will be over 500 dollars.
And you know it's not gonna have any good games how exactly?

There's no point in making statements that there aren't going to be any good games, since you don't know.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
totally agree
the same happens with american cars... always above 3.0 L? really?
sony is like the american muscle industry

Sounds like Australia, most cars are around the 3.0L mark. Came to the UK and found most of 1.8 and 2.0L cars seems to have more go, go figure.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neo_Ch!p said:
Do you see my point? Higher graphics is not 'innovation' if thats what there planning on by wowing consumers. Better graphics does not make fun, it plays a role in fun...

Your point is just stupid.

You seem to think that only innovation in technology makes games "fun". But I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people out there who have tons of fun with their PS3/360/PC, playing innovative games.

Bladexdsl said:
AaronUzumaki said:
you missed steal the 3d tech
tongue.gif

Do you ever have a clue what you're talking about or do you just spew typed diarrhea?

QUOTE(Law @ Jan 14 2011, 06:07 PM)
Hopefully it'll be gimmick free. I just want to play some damn games.

Probably surmises what any good sensed gamer should think. I don't care what controls it or what new tech is on it, if it plays a good game then you shouldn't care.

And if you're gonna say "OH WELL IT HAS NO GAMES" then you're retarded. It hasn't even been announced yet.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There is no way it'll be as powerful as a PS3. Sure, everything will be relative to the size, such as the fact that it has a smaller screen, but it's still gonna have to be bigger than your average notebook computer to prevent a meltdown after half an hour of gameplay, and to house a battery capable of powering the thing. Like I said, it'll all be relative to the size, but if the 3DS has a shit battery life because of rendering images on the screen twice (the 3D effect), the tag mode, and Gamecube-, POSSIBLY Wii-level power, then the PSP2 battery life will be crippled if they try to make it as powerful as a PS3, which I doubt is even possible in such a small space anyway.

I think a good example here is to look at computers. Notebooks are crap. To be honest, I find them pointless. Laptops are pretty powerful, some even housing two HDDs and fans today, but then compare that to a top-of-the-line desktop computer and they're NOTHING. The way I see it, the PS3 compared to the PSP2 is like comparing a laptop to a notebook - the way I see it, there is a smaller gap between desktops and laptops than there is between laptops and notebooks. That said, laptops still have nothing on desktop computers. But the PS3 is huge and still overheats. The PS3 Slim is as small as they could get the damn thing. Any smaller and it'd kill itself with too much heat too quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk