Hacking PSP Vita, which version should I get?

DemiseScythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking for advice because I really don't want to end up with several sets of the same system. I've got 3 3ds xl and I really only use 1 of them(found one of them in a drawer cleaning the other day): a hackable one, an updated version for online/new games and updated version with built-in screen-recorder. In all, that is roughly 1k usd into the same console...

It is interesting to get a hackable Vita and from experience the only way to get one for sure would be to pay for an overpriced limited edition bundle like the original launch 3g, assasin creed's or the walking dead bundle to try and hit on a low firmware. I paid top dollar for a new Daxter PSP2000 and I can say that having homebrew on it was worth the extra cost. These vita bundles are a bit pricier than the current model; at least 2X more expensive. I've got a 2.55 Kmeaw launch PS3 if that can give me extra options but what I really want to know is which firmware versions can I expect from these bundles and if it is even worth missing out on new hardware/titles for homebrew support given that I've got a hacked Daxter PSP2000 that can pretty much play every existing PSP/PS1 games and emulators which to my understanding is all that a hacked PS Vita is good for atm. I really want to buy a vita to play on the go since I can't be bother getting a PS4 and there are plenty of Vita titles I like so plan B would be to get the PSVita2000 for better battery and best game compatibility, use extra money on big memory card and games.

Any thoughts?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Get a VitaTV. They're only $43 dollars on amazon right now.
If it turns out to be a mistake, it's a cheap one at least.

Reactions: guisadop

DemiseScythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSTV has poor game compatibility from what I've read and the idea is to get something portable. Between my PS3 and my Shield Tablet I can emulate anything up to PSP if I am at home.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Orange or Blue PS Vita slim,both of them are in 3.52.

819775190_2_1000x700.jpg

urp7JnW.jpg

bicOoH6.jpg

or the Blue one

unboxing-deballage-photo-psvita-aqua-blue-6_0903D4000000818441.jpg

138dd12f60d56a88e790a9d7fefa1ac4.jpg

DemiseScythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to get the regular slim from amazon because I don't want to miss out on the new releases. Big retailers like amazon buy huge bulks at launch so it probably has a outdated firmware anyways but I am going to update for store games. Chances are if I try buying the Vita 1000, I'll end up overpaying and they'll probably ship me a slim instead.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCH-1000:
approx. 3-5 hours for games, 5 hours for video, 9 hours for music (in stand-by mode)

PCH-2000:
approx. 4-6 hours for games, 7 hours for video, 12 hours for music (in stand-by mode)

I prefer PCH-1000 because of OLED screen. Look at:

For your information, 2000 version might be a little bit faster in loading. Hey, I like OLED screen a lot and I do not care about 2000 version. I hate LCD screen. BAH!

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I prefer PCH-1000 because of OLED screen. Look at:

For this comparison to work you would need first camera that can actually register properly OLED and then viewer being on actual OLED TV/monitor to see difference.

You can't compare it like you can't compare different VR headsets via video.

In summary OLED no question about it. Sure it has some issues like bleaches in perfect dark room but black on OLED is completely black while on LCD at best it is grey.
Then there is contrast which completely massacres LCD screen.

I think Frobisher is free game and it perfectly shows capabilities of OLED.

TLDR take vita 1000 version OLED is simply better.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pointless watching comparison videos, you just have to test both in in person, which is easier said then done.

Anyway for me, 2000
longer battery life, larger rear grips, slimmer & lighter, microusb charging, other minor stuff (power led moved to top side panel, start/select/ps button made larger, smooth bezel, 1GB built in storage for the non memory card user)
I don't like the oversaturation of oled.

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things