PSP suddenly not turning on?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wildfire95, Mar 26, 2011.

1. wildfire95
    OP

wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2008
    I have a CFW'ed PSP that previously ran perfectly, but after not using it for around a month I decided to pop it out of it's case, give it a charge (AC adapter) and then play on Kingdom Hearts. The yellow light come on when I charged it, and once it had charged I disconnected it from the charger and then went out. When I came back in, and tried turning the machine on, nothing happened. No lights come on, not even when I try charging it.

Any ideas what I can do to try and fix it? I'm willing to reward those who help me solve this problem. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    WiLDFiRE.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Take the battery out and plug the charger in, does that work?

3. Coto

Coto GBAtemp Addict

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    I don´t know if PSP have some kind of fuse. Anyway, you may want to take the battery out, turn on the system (yes, is stupid, i know). Then put the battery back, charge your PSP and then turn it on again.

4. wildfire95
    OP

wildfire95 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2008
    That didn't work either sadly :/

Any other ideas? :[

5. slayerdx

slayerdx GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2010
    United States
    have you also tried charging vs usb?

6. Coto

Coto GBAtemp Addict

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/PSP_fuse_repair.htm

It seems PSP also have different fuses for different parts of the system.

Check the last sentence

"Repairing The Power Fuse"

--

DS /lite models have this problem also, I once bridged a burnt fuse using melted soldering iron and fixed up the problem. Their symptoms were the same as now. DS wouldn´t turn at all, when plugged at AC it wouldn´t charge but rather give a 2-second-orangelight-blink then turn off. Bridging the blown fuse fixed it.

I say do it, but be careful and have some previous experience messing with hardware/soldering stuff. Otherwise any videogame electronic-repair shop might do this job for you.