Hardware PSP suddenly not turning on?

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a CFW'ed PSP that previously ran perfectly, but after not using it for around a month I decided to pop it out of it's case, give it a charge (AC adapter) and then play on Kingdom Hearts. The yellow light come on when I charged it, and once it had charged I disconnected it from the charger and then went out. When I came back in, and tried turning the machine on, nothing happened. No lights come on, not even when I try charging it.

Any ideas what I can do to try and fix it? I'm willing to reward those who help me solve this problem.
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance,
WiLDFiRE.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don´t know if PSP have some kind of fuse. Anyway, you may want to take the battery out, turn on the system (yes, is stupid, i know). Then put the battery back, charge your PSP and then turn it on again.

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Take the battery out and plug the charger in, does that work?

No, no lights are showing.

QUOTE(Coto @ Mar 26 2011, 06:43 PM) I don´t know if PSP have some kind of fuse. Anyway, you may want to take the battery out, turn on the system (yes, is stupid, i know). Then put the battery back, charge your PSP and then turn it on again.

That didn't work either sadly :/

Any other ideas? :[

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/PSP_fuse_repair.htm

It seems PSP also have different fuses for different parts of the system.

Check the last sentence

"Repairing The Power Fuse"

--

DS /lite models have this problem also, I once bridged a burnt fuse using melted soldering iron and fixed up the problem. Their symptoms were the same as now. DS wouldn´t turn at all, when plugged at AC it wouldn´t charge but rather give a 2-second-orangelight-blink then turn off. Bridging the blown fuse fixed it.

I say do it, but be careful and have some previous experience messing with hardware/soldering stuff. Otherwise any videogame electronic-repair shop might do this job for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol