Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edited first post with wiki link. i haven't touched a wiki since the CSG/RVLution days so please...someone...clean it up for me
wink.gif

Prague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any experience getting PC Engine CD ROM games to work in PSP Hugo? I've tried mightily but am not having much success. The readme is contradictory- at one point it seems to say that Hugo supports direct ISO loading; at another, it seems to say that you need to convert the BIN/CUE files into a TOC file. I've tried to run an ISO converted from a BIN, and it didn't work. I also tried to use Turborip as per the readme to convert the BIN file into a TOC, and that didn't work either.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
grape_garden said:
Is anyone having issues getting US GBA ROMs that utilize the EEPROM save function to work on the latest GPSP-J build? I can't get the US versions of The Minish Cap, A Link to the Past, Superstar Saga and Grunty's Revenge to work. Oddly, the European versions load up fine. Also, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island present screens that say my save data is corrupted, and, unlike in Super Mario Bros. 3, this screen cannot be bypassed.

It seems odd that I should be getting these errors in GPSP-J, when previous versions of GPSP-Kai were able to emulate these games perfectly.

Same here. Trying to play A Link to the Past specifically, and it says the save files are corrupted, and tells you it can't create a save file when you try. I don't suppose anyone has found a workaround?

PSP-2000, M33-6, gpSP 2010-04-29

EDIT: gpSP Kai works, guess I'll just use that.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Which is more recommended overall for GBA emulation?

gpSP Kai or gpSP-J (latest)
It seems like the latter has more issues with compatibility overall.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
I haven't had compatibility issues with J... though the fact that it has no cheat support turns people off (patching the cheats in doesn't always work out).

The only one I've noticed so far is that it tends to black screen after the naming screen in Fire Red. Not anywhere else, just after the naming screen. I just want to make sure that everything (generally) that I try to use will be able to work well. Function doesn't matter much, I'm just a stickler for compatibility.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
I haven't had compatibility issues with J... though the fact that it has no cheat support turns people off (patching the cheats in doesn't always work out).

Make a fresh copy of gpSP-J 2010-04-29 on your memory stick, with no save files or anything else. Just the emulator, gba.bios and a copy of a link to the past.

Start the game and try and open a new save file. Report back.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Should this topic be in the Homebrew sub-section? Actually, double checking myself, should all but one of the sticky's here be over there?

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently just Downloaded GPSP and put both GPSP and GPSP% in my GAME folder. I put the games in the GPSP folder but when I turned on the PSP to go, it said data corrupt for a game and GPSP for another but when GPSP is opened, an error comes up. Any fixes? I run Prome 4.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this might be a 'tardedly stupid question, but how do you adjust options like frameskip, etc in snes9x euphoria rev 5 beta 3? I tried every button but I could never find an options menu and only ever load ROMs, dealing with a horrible frameskipiness in every game I played, even mario world.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Hey, this might be a 'tardedly stupid question, but how do you adjust options like frameskip, etc in snes9x euphoria rev 5 beta 3? I tried every button but I could never find an options menu and only ever load ROMs, dealing with a horrible frameskipiness in every game I played, even mario world.
Just press home while playing a rom and it will go to the options menu.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
personuser said:
Just press home while playing a rom and it will go to the options menu.

I only get four options: load new ROM, exit, save configuration (I think) and use this configuration for all ROMs. No opportunities to edit.

I was surprised when I saw S9X euphoria run Kirby Dreamland 3 (SA1) at nearly full speed so it looks good to me. If euphoria sux, what's better?

EDIT: OK, I'll try TYL. But I swear I tried hitting L+R too and it did nothing.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Euphoria sucks :V
I've never had any problems with it. Super Mario World works fine on it, and as does the other games I would play on there...if I haven't already beaten them, like super mario rpg.

Personuser:Give me a min and I'll post a vid where it's at.

Here
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzisIQfb2KU[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo