Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

Prague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if someone could help me get Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 working. I downloaded the version linked in the OP, and I can run the emulator, but it always hangs while loading the ROM. I've tried ROMs for Earthbound and Super Castlevania IV that work fine for me on my PC in ZSNES. Any ideas? I've also downloaded the NES, TG-16, and GameBoy emulators in the OP and those work fine.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone feels like taking the time to "sign" any of the emulators, I'll add them to the first post. Got a baby on the way so I'm gradually running out of time to fiddle with stuff
wink.gif

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
err...I no longer have a PSP...so I probably won't be updating this anymore. Anyone else can feel free to step up if anything new is released.

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having issues getting US GBA ROMs that utilize the EEPROM save function to work on the latest GPSP-J build? I can't get the US versions of The Minish Cap, A Link to the Past, Superstar Saga and Grunty's Revenge to work. Oddly, the European versions load up fine. Also, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island present screens that say my save data is corrupted, and, unlike in Super Mario Bros. 3, this screen cannot be bypassed.

It seems odd that I should be getting these errors in GPSP-J, when previous versions of GPSP-Kai were able to emulate these games perfectly.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I am using the SNES emulator with my PSP Go on 6.35 PRO-A3. Everything is working fine, except I cant put the psp in to sleep mode when using the emulator. Any help?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no real way to change it, and the other SNES emulators that can use sleep mode are slower (at least in some games).

This SNES emulator is fast because it uses the Media Engine (thus "ME") for some decoding, the issue being sleep mode won't work while the media engine is running, and the coder never got to code it to stop media engine when in menus or whatever (if that's possible).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock