Hacking PSP Launcher Black Screen

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I try to launch a PSP ISO, I get a black screen, doesn't even take me to the Adhoc or regular menu, just black screen that I have to force shutdown my PS3 to get out of, I'm running 4.88.1 EvilNat, I'm booting from HDD, latest webman, latest PSP Launcher from the Webman GitHub page, can someone help me out? This is super frustrating and I have no idea where to look.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make note of it and post it on evilnat's github (in cobra 8.3) or post it in his thread on psx place. it may be a bug. I haven't tested psp games on evilnat 4.88 myself, so I can't really help beyond that.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's why I meant cobra. it's most likely a cobra issue.
At this point I don't think it's a cobra issue. I installed OFW 4.88, reinstalled 4.88 Evilnat, tried launching a PSP game, black screen, hard crash, need to force power off. So I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled everything, tried again. So I installed OFW again, did a complete factory reset, reinstalled Rebug 4.84.2 and everything else, still nothing. So I swapped out my 1.5TB HDD for the factory 60GB HDD, reinstalled everything, still nothing. Only things left I can think of is Webman and the PSP Launcher causing problems, is there any alternatives for PSP Launchers you can recommend or should I use an outdated version of Webman, since it intentionally makes the launchers read only until a game is mounted.

Do you have any ideas as to what could be the issue? Could I NAND issue cause it? I have reexploited my PS3 at least 3 times and installed Petitiboot? Or is it some obscure bug with Webman or the PSP Launchers?

EDIT: After doing some searching I discovered that the PSP Remaster Launcher Released all the way back in 2013 works. So absolutely a Webman thing, I have lost weeks of progress, I cannot believe how frustrating this was. I thought I permanently screwed up my PS3. I will make a report on the Webman Mod GitHub.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

sramalhete

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I Eu tenho o mesmo problema, no entanto quando algum jogo dá tela preta, o psp emulator remasters passa a dados corrompidos e eu não posso mais lançar nenhum jogo. Depois é um problema apagar os dados corrompidos.

Existe alguma solução?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!