Hacking PSP Launcher Black Screen

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I try to launch a PSP ISO, I get a black screen, doesn't even take me to the Adhoc or regular menu, just black screen that I have to force shutdown my PS3 to get out of, I'm running 4.88.1 EvilNat, I'm booting from HDD, latest webman, latest PSP Launcher from the Webman GitHub page, can someone help me out? This is super frustrating and I have no idea where to look.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make note of it and post it on evilnat's github (in cobra 8.3) or post it in his thread on psx place. it may be a bug. I haven't tested psp games on evilnat 4.88 myself, so I can't really help beyond that.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's why I meant cobra. it's most likely a cobra issue.
At this point I don't think it's a cobra issue. I installed OFW 4.88, reinstalled 4.88 Evilnat, tried launching a PSP game, black screen, hard crash, need to force power off. So I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled everything, tried again. So I installed OFW again, did a complete factory reset, reinstalled Rebug 4.84.2 and everything else, still nothing. So I swapped out my 1.5TB HDD for the factory 60GB HDD, reinstalled everything, still nothing. Only things left I can think of is Webman and the PSP Launcher causing problems, is there any alternatives for PSP Launchers you can recommend or should I use an outdated version of Webman, since it intentionally makes the launchers read only until a game is mounted.

Do you have any ideas as to what could be the issue? Could I NAND issue cause it? I have reexploited my PS3 at least 3 times and installed Petitiboot? Or is it some obscure bug with Webman or the PSP Launchers?

EDIT: After doing some searching I discovered that the PSP Remaster Launcher Released all the way back in 2013 works. So absolutely a Webman thing, I have lost weeks of progress, I cannot believe how frustrating this was. I thought I permanently screwed up my PS3. I will make a report on the Webman Mod GitHub.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

sramalhete

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I Eu tenho o mesmo problema, no entanto quando algum jogo dá tela preta, o psp emulator remasters passa a dados corrompidos e eu não posso mais lançar nenhum jogo. Depois é um problema apagar os dados corrompidos.

Existe alguma solução?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all