Hacking PSP has black screen after button combo, returns to normal and afterwards freezes

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When playing a game (.iso/UMD) on my PSP 3000 it has a black screen after doing the Home + Cross + Square + Triangle + Circle + R buttons, the PSP's light starts to blink, the screen returns to where it was and then the game freezes. Is it normal or is it because I have CFW installed? I have 6.61 Pro-C Infinity 2.0 installed.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
When playing a game (ISO/UMD) on my PSP 300 it has a black screen after doing the Home + Cross + Square + Triangle + Circle + R buttons, the PSP's light starts to blink, the screen returns to where it was and then the game freezes. Is it normal or is it because I have CFW installed? I have 6.61 Pro-C Infinity installed.

Hello.:)

I can not say if this is normal.
My PSP 1004 is on 6.61 PROMOD-C2p,if i do the same as you described I get into the TempAR Menu.:)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.:)

I can not say if this is normal.
My PSP 1004 is on 6.61 PROMOD-C2p,if i do the same as you described I get into the TempAR Menu.:)

Is TempAR better than CWCheat? I never used the first but the latter doesn't have cheats for many of my games.

Weird. This is a little annoying because I some times do this button combo unconsciously while playing on the PSP.

Have you tried playing GBA ROMs on PSP's RetroArch's VBA-M (or TempGBA, I don't remember)? I have a black screen (IIRC) when I do that, they don't release a + 1.7.0 PSP RetroArch version for some time and I even have problems when playing GBA ROMs on PSP's RetroArch's nightly builds (the latest ones have mGBA but it also has problems when playing GBA ROMs).

Also, what is this "Xbins" RetroArch's site is talking about?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is TempAR better than CWCheat? I never used the first but the latter doesn't have cheats for many of my games.

Weird. This is a little annoying because I some times do this button combo unconsciously while playing on the PSP.

Have you tried playing GBA ROMs on PSP's RetroArch's VBA-M (or TempGBA, I don't remember)? I have a black screen (IIRC) when I do that, they don't release a + 1.7.0 PSP RetroArch version for some time and I even have problems when playing GBA ROMs on PSP's RetroArch's nightly builds (the latest ones have mGBA but it also has problems when playing GBA ROMs).

Also, what is this "Xbins" RetroArch's site is mentioning?

I do not ever used CWCheat.
I decided for TempAR and I am happy with it.
It is easy to use and you can add Cheats to your own Database File.It works fine for me.:)

I am playing GBA Games with TempGBA Mod and SNES Games with Snes9xTYLme Mod.Emulator.Some Adventure Games with ScummVM and many of my PlayStation Adventure Games (converted to EBoot).:)

what is this "Xbins" RetroArch's site is mentioning?

Sorry,I do not know,I never used or played with RetroArch.:(

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I do not ever used CWCheat.
I decided for TempAR and I am happy with it.
It is easy to use and you can add Cheats to your own Database File.It works fine for me.:)

I am playing GBA Games with TempGBA Mod and SNES Games with Snes9xTYLme Mod.Emulator.Some Adventure Games with ScummVM and many of my PlayStation Adventure Games (converted to EBoot).:)

Sorry,I do not know,I never used or played with RetroArch.:(

Can the PSP read EBOOT.pbp games? I used NPS Browser to download PS1 games to play them afterwards on my PS3 but they come in this .pbp file extension and not in the .cue + .bin ones.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can the PSP read EBOOT.PBP games? I used NPS Browsers to download PSX games to play them afterwards on my PS3 but they come in that (EBOOT.PBP) format and not in BIN + CUE.

You only need your PlayStation Game(s) in

.bin/.cue or ISO or IMG Format

and the Convert Tool

PSX2PSP v1.4.2

You can also add Cover Arts/Background Music and such Things.
A recommendation for using this Tool: The Best is to leave the Compression on "0" None or maximal to "2".If you set it too high you will get issues like Audio stuttering for sure.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You only need your PlayStation Game(s) in

.bin/.cue or ISO or IMG Format

and the Convert Tool

PSX2PSP v1.4.2

You can also add Cover Arts/Background Music and such Things.
A recommendation for using this Tool: The Best is to leave the Compression on "0" None or maximal to "2".If you set it too high you will get issues like Audio stuttering for sure.

I never found PS1 games in .iso file extension, only PS2 and PSP ones (not even PS3 ones since I had to convert to .iso from folder file format). Do you know if webMAN MOD reads PS2 EBOOT.PBP games?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I never found PSX games on ISO format, only PS2 and PSP ones (not even PS3 ones since I had to convert to ISO from JB). Do you know if webMAN MOD rrads PS2 EBOOT.PBP gamed?
Sorry, I do not have a PlayStation 3.
I have no experience with this mod.
I did not know about it until today.:)

Maybe you can look into this for more Informations:
https://www.psx-place.com/forums/webman-mod.126/

Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol