Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can hook the PSP up it should work much like Media Go and be fine. Of course future firmware updates may negate that connection.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Although why you wouldn't dump them to ISO is the question.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So you're asking if you can play UMD's on an unhacked console? No you're not. So saying that you haven't hacked it yet isn't an answer as to why you'd ask "So i can still play the my 3rd Birthday and Dissidia duodecim UMDs then? "

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
If I already have the UMDs than there is no need for me to dump the ISO. I guess I probably should of said that before.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ISO's run much, much, much better than UMD's and drain a fraction of the battery. Therefore faster smoother games and longer play time.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Yeah ISOS have many advantages over UMDs, people will often buy the game and then rip the ISO themselves just to avoid having to use the UMD.

This so much....I seldom use the UMD's i have more than once and it's nice having them. Although i regret owning the UMD of Crisis Core....on the upside my other UMD's are mainly good.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
One last question, I've got two psn accounts (US and UK), what would happen if I had cfw installed and downloaded something from one account and then downloaded something else from the other account? Would I still be able to play all of my games?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You do exactly what you do now. You log out of one account and log into the other, rendering any content attached to the first account temporarily non functional as you've switched licenses.

However you could always just decrypt the stuff (re-ISO/UMD conversation)

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I lied, here's one more question: If i convert saves between regions and then for whatever reason decide to get rid of the cfw, would the converted saves still work?

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread, I didn't see it but I might have missed it.

Currently I'm on CFW 6.20 PRO-B8 via your other guide (which was brilliant) on a 2001. I have Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection on UMD. The whole purpose of doing this hack was so I could rip this UMD into an .ISO and then run it directly from my memory card. According to this topic, it should be possible. The issue I'm having is when I go into the VSH menu and change USB Mode to UMD Disc and connect it to my PC, the PSP screen changes to 'No media is installed' or something to that effect and no new drive appears on my computer.

I know I'm missing something as everything up to this point has worked flawlessly. Even if I keep the USB Device set to Memory Stick, the computer still doesn't show anything. I'm not sure if this is a PSP issue or something with my computer.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't sound like you have the appropriate PSP drivers. What OS are you using?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try right clicking on the device in my computer > Properties > Driver (Tab) > Update Driver > Search Automatically

Try a different USB cable

Try a different USB port

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Try right clicking on the device in my computer > Properties > Driver (Tab) > Update Driver > Search Automatically

Try a different USB cable

Try a different USB port

Just came here to say I figured it out... apparently the front ports on my case aren't sufficient. Plugged it into the back and worked. I knew this from the past with another device and forgot. Ah well, thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: