Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question... I have quite a few UMDs that I think I'll be doing this with. I see no point using them via disc compared to running from the memory stick. Is there a site that lists what games need to be patched to work or will a standard ISO rip and copy to mem stick work for most?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
rayjay said:
I gotta ask, why are the ISO's filesize much larger than EBOOTs? Even though its the same game?
Depends, are you talking about EBOOTs on PSN or custom signed EBOOTs?

ISO can have dummy files to fill up the space on the UMD to whatever size it is (single/dual layer).
PSN EBOOTs are usually smaller because it doesn't include install data and it just contains the game files.
Custom signed EBOOTs have to be below a certain size to work, so 9 out of 10 times, videos will be ripped, audio downsampled and install/unnecessary data out.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've recently discovered how the UMD ISO mode affect the games. In terms of compatability and speed, which of the three are the best modes to use? M33 driver, Inferno or Sony NP9660?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
rayjay said:
Ok, I've recently discovered how the UMD ISO mode affect the games. In terms of compatability and speed, which of the three are the best modes to use? M33 driver, Inferno or Sony NP9660?Inferno.QUOTE(dsisbetterthanxbox @ Aug 18 2011, 04:46 PM) If i buy a new psp Go!, it will come with firmware 6.40?
Nope, 5.70.
Used, dunno.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsisbetterthanxbox said:
If i buy a new psp Go!, it will come with firmware 6.40?

A PSP Go is max at FW 6.39 or 6.60. AFAIK (mentioned in another thread) FW 6.40 was only on a Japanese UMD, thus not PSN/Online downloadable. For example my PSP Go was used (about 4 months old) and had 6.37 OFW on it. Not necessarily that hard to get a PSP with 6.39 or lower. Always ask the seller
smile.gif

-Qtis

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I update from 5.50 GEN-D3 to 6.39 ME-9, will it affect my savegames in any way? And will my PSP still be able to do all the things it can do now?
I think I need to update because I keep getting an error code (80020148) when trying to play FF IV.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
xist said:
Just patch it with ISO Tool.
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks! I'll be doing it via your PSP in profile guide
smile.gif

I just tried it and it didn't really work out
frown.gif

The ISO worked, for the first time, but then it just hang before I could see the game menu. I'm now updating to CFW 6.39 and hopefully that fixes it.
EDIT: Update to CFW 6.39 ME-9 worked perfectly! Problem solved

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know that the developer of ME (neur0n) is on the PRO team, and PRO is pretty much the most popular one out right now, i just don't see any reason to go for ME (i think the only reason i've heard so far is that ME works best with some old PSP plugins that neur0n updated for the latest custom firmwares)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Terminator02 said:
you do know that the developer of ME (neur0n) is on the PRO team, and PRO is pretty much the most popular one out right now, i just don't see any reason to go for ME (i think the only reason i've heard so far is that ME works best with some old PSP plugins that neur0n updated for the latest custom firmwares)

No, I don't know that. I'm still finding my way into the PSP scene, I don't know all these terms and CFW's.....
I'm happy with ME now, when I get tired of it, or I find something I don't like, I'll consider another CFW. But for now, I'm good and happy with this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did