Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSP 2004
PSP 3004

With av component cable, got the red blue green video cables plugged in, and the white and red in the component audio IN channel (also have audio out, and a composite audio channel at the left)

Getting no sound.. Video is perfect..!

What can I do?

I try pressing the TV icon button on my psp and screen switches fine. Or I try the external TV option I the psp menu.. Still all the same. Sound is NOT muted.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usually on modern TVs, you have sound settings where you pick from where an audio source comes from. I know on my TV I have to manually select if I want to hear sound from either Component, Scart etc. Only HDMI on my TV (Toshiba Regza) switches automatically. Its usually in a "Shared Audio" setting or something

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 42 inch plasma with 3 hdmi, component composite its like 3 year old? Panasonic TX-P42S20

Anyway I tried look at the sound settings but to no avail. It has no sound sources or anything like that.

However with HDMI channels I think I remember a analog or digital choice in the same menu.
However in this video channel composite there is such just basic stuff, volume, headphones, music mode, user mode, speech mode stuff like that.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you connect headphones to your TV do you still get no sound?

Or

Do you have any other device like your PC, or Amplifier that you can connect the L and R audio cables to just to test whether the PSP is indeed outputting any sound?

EDIT:

Ok, I've just looked at your TV model. On the side, you have an AV3 connection dont you (red, yellow, white). Plug your two audios into there and switch to AV3. You wont get a picture, but test that to see if you can get sound from the PSP

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes still no sound. However I do hear a buzz/noise

Onkyo TX-NR616 is my receiver. I plugged the system in at Component IN ( It has 1 component 1, 1 component out)

I did the right colours for the wires. set the amplifier at CBL/SAT channel. but I got no image! Let alone sound.

I think it may not be possible with my amplifier for some reason?

Also tried plugging just the audio cables, like u said, on the av3 channel at the left side and switching channels while the psp is connected. No sound.

(Also I have to note:
I think I did have sound, just a while ago. I was so happy because normally I use the option in the main menu to switch to external display, now I used the button 5 seconds press and I had sound! I thought this was the issue/reason...
However now I begin to doubt myself if it ever actually happened cuz now it doesn't work either way..!!)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, if youve tried your amp, and the AV3 and neither the PSP 2000 or PSP3000 give sound its highly unlikely that both PSPs are faulty so I would guess you have a faulty PSP TV out cable.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I bought it newly.. xD
Anyway like I said just had sound :O
Which makes me think I dunnoo..

Still think I Should be able to get sound If im able to get video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)