FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not normally one for PSP news but this was pretty interesting.

You will need a 1.50 PSP to begin with but basically it is 2.71 firmware with all the homebrew (that probably should have been in speech marks) goodness that comes with the ability to run 1.50.
This is a custom firmware that lets to have in a single flash the advantages of firmware 1.50 and
2.71 at the same time.

Original thread that I saw (French language):
http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4535
Download for the firmware:
http://dax.lan.st/271SE_A.RAR

Installation is taken care of via the included readme files.

Reactions: Satangel

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there's already an easy installer and everything else regarding this. If anyone wants to read about it head over to maxconsole or qj.net. Good stuff from DA.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How safe is this? And can you downgrade back to normal 1.50 if you want to?
Is it intended for the Undiluted Platinum?

It sounds very nice and could avoid a lot of problems, but not too sure I trust it.

Anyone tried it yet?

Kyro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

It sounds very nice and could avoid a lot of problems, but not too sure I trust it.

Anyone tried it yet?
hi,

yes Dark_Alex can be trusted, he s done so much for the psp scene (and recently all his release has been deeply tested on a psp with the undiluted platinum before releasing to everyone, so yes it really is safe)

and yes there is a recovery menu that lets you do a lots of things (such as reflashing any update you want like 1.5...)

here is the official thread where he posted his custom firmware :
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=32182

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It was created by Dark_Alex, a very respected guy in the PSP scene. It sounds good but not much use for me, I'd rather just run devhook on my 1.5 psp than flash my firmware...

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
many people have it up and running from other forums, you can always downgrade back to 1.5 whenever you want. I don't see a point personally being a 1.5 user since the beginning since I'm satisfied with the custom firmware/devhook combos available. Just follow instructions and you should be fine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@lookout The mod chip came around and is used fairly extensively.

As for "copyright" it is a patch as far as I am aware (that is to say I need to find myself a copy of the firmwares/updaters for it work) which places it in legal territory.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Anyone tried it yet?

I managed to get it all working when it was released. To go back to 1.50 you just put the 1.5 firmware in the update folder. When you power on you just keep you finger on the right trigger and can choose to downgrade, its also handy if you pick up a virus as it can recover the psp from being bricked. I've done 2 psps with no problems. The good thing about this is it disables the upgrader so no little brothers or sisters can upgrade it with messing about. I couldn't get the devhook for 2.71 working properly, it wouldn't load a game. I just use the 1.5 devhook instead and it works perfectly.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what happen to psp mod chip?

Nothing happened, it came out when it did and many still embrace it. It's still got some advantages in terms of recovering bricks but the Epsilon bios available isn't up to snuff when compared to devhook. Now that all this can be done in 2.71, no real reason to stay on 1.5....though personally I'm satisfied with runnin 1.5 on both my psps because everything works fine....and probably will never update unless devhook officially ports over to 2.71 only (I don't see this happening, booster will probably just continue to cake on the existing devhook for 1.5).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1