Hacking PSO Episodes I & II backups REFUSE to load

sirkamon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there GBAtemp.

I've recently had a bit of frustration trying to load a back-up copy of the gamecube game PSO Episodes I & II through Neogamma R7. I'll put the disk in, boot neogamma, and it detects everything just fine. The Gamecube Booter comes up as per usual, I hit A for auto-detect, and one of two things will happen, depending on which disk I'm loading (as I've burned several
mad.gif
) :

1. I'll get the typical Gamecube DRE "An error has occured yadda yadda" message without fail for the particular disk inserted, or,
2. It hangs on a black screen, doing nothing.

Now, I've already ruled out it being a burning issue, since I've burned the same image onto multiple disks. I've also ruled out it being a ripping issue from the original disk, as I've already done this with several games as it is, and I tried dumping the image from the disk a second time and burning that one to no avail. It also isn't the burnable disks I'm using, since I've already made several working back-ups thus far; haven't changed the write-speeds or anything. Same old same.

So, is there some sort of inherent incompatibility with Neogamma and this game? Should I just buck-up and use the original disk? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. If you guys need any information, I'll try my best to provide it.

Archangel12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, it really sucks, but there just isn't any way to make it work either, and its one of the main games I really wanted to play too, but maybe with a new update sometime it will be compatible, just gotta hope I guess right?

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
pso works fine on my hard modded wii (wiikey v1 clone) both as a shrunken multi-boot disc and as a normal disc, but unfortunately it won't work on my other soft modded wii... the modchip was worth it just for this game
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Archangel12 said:
PSO doesn't work, simple as that really.
And why is that?

QUOTE(SFenton @ Nov 9 2009, 02:31 AM) PSO isn't even compatible as a legit GC game, I'm afraid.
Yes it is.

I've had this problem too, but with PSO Episode 3. I tried to trick it into playing with Action Replay but instead of hanging on a black screen, it gives me a "Turn off your Gamecube" error. On the Dolphin Emu, the game won't work unless it's the PAL version, so maybe there's hope in using a PAL backup on the Wii...I don't know but it's worth a try. I don't see how it's possible that there's just these games that don't work but the rest do. =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill