Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
its funny how the irc "conversation" advertises the channel twice. is this real?

-another world

I noticed that too.
unsure.gif

I wouldn't call fake until Mathiuel (spelling error I don't care) confirms or not.

Unless he is just in this for the lulz/advertising. >_>

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
pyrmon24 said:
SamAsh07 said:
pyrmon24 said:
SamAsh07 said:
Why don't you Credit Card owners take your cash from Bank and close the account?? Is it that difficult??
You don't seem to know how credit cards work, now do you?
Yeah I don't, you just keep buying on credit and pay money later. There must be some way then, right?
If someone uses your credit card, they can buy anything because you got unlimited credit(most of the time it's capped though). Then you need to pay later. It's not your cash. Get why you can't take all the cash off your account now? The only thing you can do is call the bank and tell them to freeze the card. But then you don't have it. That's why it's troublesome.
Ah I see, thanks for the intel. Good thing I never liked having a Credit Card.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
2.2m cc numbers are gonna be changed/canceled in the next month
laugh.gif

and seriously this is the biggest fuck up in gaming history way to go sony their finished they won't be back next gen!!!
smileipb2.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Perhaps that'll teach you to read banking statements. Offering someone all your lively posessions and the entire credit capacity you have as a person is generally not advised, especially when that "someone" is by no means obliged to keep that information safe. Besides, it's nothing that can't be fixed by *1* call to your bank. Oh dear, what an inconvenience.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkCrudus said:
complete personal details along with over 2.2million working credit card numbers with the much-needed CVV2 code are being offer up for sale to the highest-bidder

They could not have the CVV2 codes. Sony doesn't even ask for them, let alone store them. Nice try though!

SonyIf you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained."

..but you'd already know that if you used a CC on PSN, because you never have to enter your CVV2.

So, fake fake fake, but all the Sony haters will keep hating.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well at first when I saw this specific news I was pissed of but not so much any more. The card I used when I first set up my PSN wallet expried this month and is now null and void since I already activated my new one I recievd 3 weeks ago. I'm still mad that Sony f'd up by not securing sensitive user info more securly. I'd suggest everyone who had used a credit card on PSN to keep a look out at charges to your accounts. I will just to be on the safe side even tho that card is voided.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkCrudus said:
@RangerRick Yeah, this information about the CVV2 numbers could be bogus. The guys selling the DB could just be making it up.

No, I have not seen the DB so I can not verify that it is true

I'd still say this is a rumor at most.

Of course we all hate Sony but I guess the prick who hacked the system, forced the system to be shut down, and supposedly stole your CC info is an okay guy.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
DarkCrudus said:
@RangerRick Yeah, this information about the CVV2 numbers could be bogus. The guys selling the DB could just be making it up.

Of course we all hate Sony but I guess the prick who hacked the system, forced the system to be shut down, and supposedly stole your CC info is an okay guy.

Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
It was me. I have the database. It was in .txt format. Give me your monnies and I will give you the .txt.

Nao.

2572_1f4f_500.jpeg

This is the level of seriousness this news post shows.

Besides, you *willingly* inputted your Credit Card information into the system. You handed over information you're not supposed to hand over to anyone, review your banking statement if you don't recall ever reading it. You agreed to Sony's EULA regarding PSN. They owe you nothing, nobody can assure a system will be 100% hack-proof. They had some security measures, they believed they were enough to keep data unencrypted for convinience sake and they were wrong. Tough luck and bullocks, doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't keep your *real* adress, name, surname and first and foremost CC information on any account ever - you could've bought PSN points instead, but NOOOO. Be the lazy bastard, bend over and scream "dear hackers, please, [censored] me here" while pointing at your behind.
You kind of expect them, to, you know, fucking encrypt shit like this. They're realistically the ONLY company of their size that doesn't encrypt shit like this. It's unacceptable.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guild McCommunist said:
DarkCrudus said:

This +1

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank god for my incredible hate of credit cards! Cancelled my debit card yesterday and ordered a new one!

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DC>CC

Really, you get situations like this if you can get people to spend money they don't have REGULARLY. European people's mouths drop to the ground out of sheer shock when they hear that people in the US use credit cards for everyday stuff like shopping. Could easily be done with a debit card that already has the money you own. Really, you get situations like this if you make this happen all the time, forget to pay once and you have a debt. Hence why the credit crisis started, everybody spent money they didn't have (arguably, this isn't really a huge cause, but it did contribute to it).

Now, before getting angry, do mind this, it's actually the banks that got people to use credit cards, not you. They make it seem really cheap to use a credit card and you can easily get some money while you don't have it. That is why it is so tempting, and also the reason why people should stay the hell away from them, you'll be in debt by no time.

OT: From what I read this is fake, if they claim to have information they just could not have, then they're talking bullcrap. Rumor at best, but I don't believe a word. On the matter of Sony not buying the info: the hackers could easily give Sony the DB, but keep a copy themselves to sell for the highest bid. Not really a great deal when you want to cover up your customer's asses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1