godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a response from @Leeful:

Code:
This version works on 9.00 if you do not use goldhen or if you do use goldhen you must wait for the PS4 menu to reload after the crash like [URL='https://github.com/illusion0001']@illusion0001[/URL] mentioned.[/code}

alexkapor2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Guys i have question regardin this and not sure if this is the exactl thread to ask it

am using JB PS4 Fat without PSN login or anything only Normal USER account with hundreds of games in extern hard drive (which usually i install the game in Internal HardDrive then i use APP2USB to transfert them to my external hardrive) eveything works fine here, but what if i bought new PS4 and i want to play thoses games (located in external hardrive) without need to install one by one again ? is their way to make new PS4 show all games icon and play them normally like in old ps4 console ? sry for my bad eng

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just got a response from @Leeful:

Code:
This version works on 9.00 if you do not use goldhen or if you do use goldhen you must wait for the PS4 menu to reload after the crash like [URL='https://github.com/illusion0001']@illusion0001[/URL] mentioned.[/code}

There are 2 options:

Option 1: (the best option)
  • Run the kernel exploit but do not load goldhen. Instead just load the ps4debug payload.
  • Open the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe,
  • Enter your PS4's IP address,
  • Click 'Connect', Click 'Get Users' ,
  • Activate your profile.

Option 2: (not good but still works)
  • Run the kernel exploit and goldhen.
  • Load the ps4debug payload,
  • Click 'Connect', Click 'Get Users'
  • At this stage your PS4 will go to a black screen and the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe will crash.
  • Close the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe and wait for your PS4 screen to come back with a error screen.
  • Close the error screen and when your PS4 home menu is back open the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe again. This time it will work and not crash on the 'Get Users' stage.
If you have used the goldhen option the goldhen settings and debug menu will have dissapeared after the system error so you will need to reboot your PS4, but you should reboot it anyway after you have activated your profile.

Reactions: godreborn

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys i have question regardin this and not sure if this is the exactl thread to ask it

am using JB PS4 Fat without PSN login or anything only Normal USER account with hundreds of games in extern hard drive (which usually i install the game in Internal HardDrive then i use APP2USB to transfert them to my external hardrive) eveything works fine here, but what if i bought new PS4 and i want to play thoses games (located in external hardrive) without need to install one by one again ? is their way to make new PS4 show all games icon and play them normally like in old ps4 console ? sry for my bad eng
No, not with app2usb.
It would only work that way with extended storage, not app2usb.

Reactions: alexkapor2017

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks man for your reply, so what's solution for someone who want to play his games (located in th external hardrive) in another JB PS4 without need to redo (install pkg agains) ?
I dont think there is a solution. You would need to reinstall all the games again.

To play games that are installed on a USB drive on another PS4 the drive needs to be formatted as an Extended Storage drive not an app2usb drive.

It might be possible to plug in an app2usb drive and an extended storage drive and move the games from the apptusb to the extended storage but I dont know if that would work because of how app2usb works.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^ Just tested it and it worked. it moved a game from my app2usb drive to my extended storage drive on my 9.00 PS4.
To test it I then plugged my extended storage drive into my 6.72 PS4 and the game showed up and worked.

The down side is that the app.pkg for that game is now 0 bytes so it will not work from the app2usb drive anymore, but I was expecting that to happen.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I am really confused. What do you mean activate the console??? Do you mean that a fresh clean new Ps4 HDD with say 9.0 installed on it wont be able to work because it requires online activation?? Or is it JUST for PSN accounts? Is it possible to make a completely offline account?

As an example, I migrated my PSN and all my saves I care about to my ps5. I want to replace the PS4 HDD and just start from scratch with 9.0 completely offline. Is that possible?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I am really confused. What do you mean activate the console??? Do you mean that a fresh clean new Ps4 HDD with say 9.0 installed on it wont be able to work because it requires online activation?? Or is it JUST for PSN accounts? Is it possible to make a completely offline account?
All it is really used for is to enable the option to copy your saves to a USB dive.
This option is usually only available if you have officially connected your profile to PSN.

Reactions: jnl1

alexkapor2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@Leeful one question if it's possible, can i use 2 External Hard drive in same PS4 ? For exemple my current 8TB (seagate) is almost full. Can i use another 4TB and use both of them at sametime or no ?

Thanks

nubitol

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There are 2 options:

• Run the kernel exploit but do not load goldhen. Instead just load the ps4debug payload.
  • Activate your profile.

• At this stage your PS4 will go to a black screen and the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe will crash.
  • Close the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe and wait for your PS4 screen to come back with a error screen.
  • Close the error screen and when your PS4 home menu is back open the PS4OfflineAccountActivator.exe again. This time it will work and not crash on the 'Get Users' stage.
If you have used the goldhen option the goldhen settings and debug menu will have dissapeared after the system error so you will need to reboot your PS4, but you should reboot it anyway after you have activated your profile.
what version of ps4offline activator are you using?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 options:

• Activate your profile.

yep, that's what happened to me. when I tried deploying goldhen again, it said it was already active, so I was forced to restart. I didn't try account activator after that happened. well, actually, I think I did when the screen came back, but I was using it when it was already open, so it didn't work. I don't think I tried closing it, then opening it again.

alexkapor2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
hey @Leeful . can i use 2 external hard drive in JB PS4 ? am using 8TB and it's almost full. can i use another one to app2usb others games to new external HDD ? and once app2usb is finished for new games, i will keep plug in (using) both External Harddrive at same time or i need everytime i want to play for exemple games located in new (second) external hard drive i need to plug out old(first) external Harddrive ? or it's even impossible to use 2 external hardrive

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey @Leeful . can i use 2 external hard drive in JB PS4 ? am using 8TB and it's almost full. can i use another one to app2usb others games to new external HDD ? and once app2usb is finished for new games, i will keep plug in (using) both External Harddrive at same time or i need everytime i want to play for exemple games installed in new hard drive i need to plug out old external Harddrive ? or it's even impossible to use 2 external hardrive
You can use as many app2usb drives as you want. you can also use an app2usb dive and am extended storage drive at the same time.

If you have 2 app2usb drives plugged in at the same time you must make sure they are mounted to the same usb0 and usb1 every time. There is a setting for this in the app2usb.ini

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All it is really used for is to enable the option to copy your saves to a USB dive.
This option is usually only available if you have officially connected your profile to PSN.
So it has nothing to do with playing games which request internet connection for saving, am I right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1