Hardware PSA: UPS Severe weather caused significant disruption at Louisville Hub

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I had a storm last night and today. O_O

Also according to MY TRACKING INFORMATION, packaged is marked ON TIME and delivered friday by end of day. :creep:
If your location is right, then you really didn't get the rough treatment we ended up getting.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your location is right, then you really didn't get the rough treatment we ended up getting.
Well no, the storm wasn't that bad, wet ground cement and dog **** is probably as bad as it gonna get here. Floods aren't common here, even during hurricanes. :P

But sorry about your situation, I hope you know i wasn't trying to be offensive. Is just i wanted to feel relatable to your storm statement. :rolleyes:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well no, the storm wasn't that bad, wet ground cement and dog **** is probably as bad as it gonna get here. Floods aren't common here, even during hurricanes. :P

But sorry about your situation, I hope you know i wasn't trying to be offensive. Is just i wanted to feel relatable to your storm statement. :rolleyes:
It's cool ^_^ I've actually been tracking the storm all night. I find it interesting to see how dissipates as it goes along.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which shipping company does Amazon US usually use?
In Las Vegas I used to get them mostly from USPS, but now amazon has their own delivery service set up (amazon logistics) which is what a majority of my packages go through.

As for OP, from what I can tell this should only affect packages already shipped, meaning it should have no affect on my switch which is shipping out march 2nd (from gamestop) and arriving march 3rd. At least that's my hope.

Edit: amazon logistics packages usually arrive much earlier in the day compared to other services, but they do deliver weird sometimes. The last package I got was kind of put over my back gate. Almost thought it was misdelivered to a wrong address (which has happened multiple times with USPS) before realizing the delivery notice say it was left at my back porch.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Trying out fot weather girl? I dunno how good you look in yellow rain coat gear, but good luck with that. Let me know what channel you are gonna be on. :P
I have many talents

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was this important to post about when we can track packages? :mellow:
Given that a sizeable number of members here likely have items in transit right now I figured it was important they be aware of circumstances that could have an impact on deleivery. Tracking usually tells you where something is or was but not why it may not be moving.

It certainly isn't as important as threads like Holes on Switch? or Is It Hacked Yet?, but I thought with the launch day of Nintendo's latest device some would want to know.

Last edited by thorasgar,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Isnt it download only?
Why perorder a digital game?
So I can start downloading it the second I get Switch. I'll be buying at least one other digital game right away. Then 4-5 hours in BotW. I'm curious if anyone knows whether it's best to drain the battery to ~7% at first before charging in the dock? Or do Nintendo batteries typically get factory dis/recharged several times already?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can start downloading it the second I get Switch. I'll be buying at least one other digital game right away. Then 4-5 hours in BotW. I'm curious if anyone knows whether it's best to drain the battery to ~7% at first before charging in the dock? Or do Nintendo batteries typically get factory dis/recharged several times already?
They normally say always best to drain the batties then full charge.
Most of the time i dont do that. I play while its charging then let it fully charge over night.

Alot of the review unit people say the switches came with 20-40 % battery

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They normally say always best to drain the batties then full charge.
Older battery technologies did work better when fully charged and discharged. But modern rechargeables actually prefer to be maintained at about 20-40%, especially if being stored for a period of time. Hence why most electronics won't ship fully charged, because being stored at full charge or low charge typically will cause the battery's life to decrease, and may even cause the battery to completely fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY