Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's a console ban so you won't be able to use online services with any other account once you get banned

Ok, but if I don’t care about playing online with others, I’ll be fine? Apart from Splatoon 2, I cant think of any game I’d want to play online with a switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but if I don’t care about playing online with others, I’ll be fine? Apart from Splatoon 2, I cant think of any game I’d want to play online with a switch.
A console ban prevents you from playing games online and accessing the eShop from your Switch. An account ban does those and prevents you from accessing the eShop on the Switch. Account bans can be mitigated by making a new account so you will almost always get a console ban in addition to an account ban. Account bans rarely happen alone. You can get console banned alone but you cannot unlink the account to link a new account without calling Nintendo. Making multiple accounts does not safeguard you against being banned. In fact, they can track the account if they know its been used on a banned console before so if you manage to get a console ban and not an account ban, it would be in your best interest to not hack again using that account, otherwise they will ban that account.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seemed ok only cert banned a certless MC so far I have an EU account on my US switch (with that option unticked in my account to share info (due to the new EU privacy law) and opendns blocking the report URL (but i feel that would be a ban sooner or later last time i checked eshop works and I unlinked my US account incase i get another switch tablet

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A console ban prevents you from playing games online and accessing the eShop from your Switch. An account ban does those and prevents you from accessing the eShop on the Switch. Account bans can be mitigated by making a new account so you will almost always get a console ban in addition to an account ban. Account bans rarely happen alone. You can get console banned alone but you cannot unlink the account to link a new account without calling Nintendo. Making multiple accounts does not safeguard you against being banned. In fact, they can track the account if they know its been used on a banned console before so if you manage to get a console ban and not an account ban, it would be in your best interest to not hack again using that account, otherwise they will ban that account.

Eshops games cannot be played yet, but once they’re available I think it’ll be a great setup.

Deepfryer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for those whose switches were banned for their offline use: Upon turning on wifi again, and attempting to use an online function, did it immediately show up as banned? Or did it take some time after being online again for the ban to become effective?

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have been using SX OS since day one. Offline only and in airplane mode. No layered and not updating any backups or anything (also using diferent sd cards for CFW and OFW).
I'm still not banned, I have connected (in OFW) 2 separate days with a week in-between and can play my legit games online and eshop.
I'm on EU, might it have something to do with the new legislation? (send errors disabled)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using SX OS since day one. Offline only and in airplane mode. No layered and not updating any backups or anything (also using diferent sd cards for CFW and OFW).
I'm still not banned, I have connected (in OFW) 2 separate days with a week in-between and can play my legit games online and eshop.
I'm on EU, might it have something to do with the new legislation? (send errors disabled)

Quick question for you. Are you on the latest 5.1 update? I got the SX Pro a few days ago and tried using it on my 3.0.0 system, but the titles that require higher version firmware are throwing an error, so I'm wondering if this may be the cause for some of the ban's we are seeing from SX OS?

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got banned today, I only play offline. I use SX OS and updated my games by loading them all on SX OS, rebooting in OFW and updating there.
0 online play.

I don't really care, don't play online at all, just wanted to confirm it here.

Raymond7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got banned today, I only play offline. I use SX OS and updated my games by loading them all on SX OS, rebooting in OFW and updating there.
0 online play.

Did you use LayeredFS before? Did you cleared logs before?

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Draxzelex

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Quick question for you. Are you on the latest 5.1 update? I got the SX Pro a few days ago and tried using it on my 3.0.0 system, but the titles that require higher version firmware are throwing an error, so I'm wondering if this may be the cause for some of the ban's we are seeing from SX OS?
Yeah, I'm on the latest version :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Right now I'm on CFW and plan to be there for some days, will keep informed if I get banned next time I boot into OFW online.

King_Knoedel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
0 online play.

Strange I did exactly what you did multiple times now and I'm still not banned. I would like to know what triggers a bann.

Reactions: Cava and Trappie

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't mind getting banned now that we can use Dev Menu to install NSP's. Still unbanned after weeks of use offline mostly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol