Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hopefully not, I'm pretty sure people who got banned kinda looked after it by using some weird stuff (like LayeredFS) or played online with weird certs.
A '"classic" usage might be okay.
true, let's hope it goes well.
it's downloading jap audio now :]

while I'm at it, I'll download all the other games today and see how it goes.
I'll reboot into OFW after all is done and launch the eshop to test if all is okay.

I'll report back later today, because i have around 15+ titles installed.

Reactions: dgr1592

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The community can also try to develop ways to prevent bans but Nintendo is the one that creates the rules and change them at will
This I wholeheartedly agree with. It does suck that there are no ways that can successfully mitigate a ban. I do hope for a way to fully clear the Switch. So far, I would say the safest thing to do is backing up your NAND prior to performing any hacks or homebrew and restoring it before going online. This however is under the assumption that whatever data Nintendo is using to ban people is not stored in the NAND which we have no indication of or otherwise.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
This I wholeheartedly agree with. It does suck that there are no ways that can successfully mitigate a ban. I do hope for a way to fully clear the Switch. So far, I would say the safest thing to do is backing up your NAND prior to performing any hacks or homebrew and restoring it before going online. This however is under the assumption that whatever data Nintendo is using to ban people is not stored in the NAND which we have no indication of or otherwise.
When mine happens I will post it, I am not that sad to get banned, if I wanted online only a legit switch will suffice, or emunand, but indeed I will create a Nand backup if I survive until then :P

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When mine happens I will post it, I am not that sad to get banned, if I wanted online only a legit switch will suffice, or emunand, but indeed I will create a Nand backup if I survive until then :P
Or you could wait until someone makes something akin to Wiimfi for the Switch (although the possibility seems to be very low).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, was in SX OS and i tried to get into gallery,i had error 2345-0021,should i worry about this error or not?!
Its related to neither SX OS or being banned but the code that was used in the homebrew launcher SX OS uses. The backup and homberew launchers are activated the same way (by visiting gallery) so it can be triggered without running homebrew.

Source: https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx/issues/77

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my console has been banned but my account still work , But!! i cant unlink Nintendo account!! Error code : 2181-4008 maybe my console cut off everything from Nintendo server. :cry::bow::bow::cry:

Call Nintendo and tell them you lost your Switch and they will unlink it. Alternately you can use devmenu to unlink your account.

Reactions: phoenixclaws

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call Nintendo and tell them you lost your Switch and they will unlink it. Alternately you can use devmenu to unlink your account.
Wait, seriously? Is there proof of this?

Actually I just realized that Nintendo might ban you if they see you using an account from a banned console on an unbanned console without calling them first.

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, seriously? Is there proof of this?

Actually I just realized that Nintendo might ban you if they see you using an account from a banned console on an unbanned console without calling them first.

Go to devmenu account section. There's an option to unlink your NSA, click on it and watch all your eshop games and demos become unplayable because you no longer have the ownership, including the donor title you used to launch devmenu.

Last edited by Jaimy,
Reactions: Rel and Draxzelex

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to devmenu account section. There's an option to unlink your NSA, click on it and watch all your eshop games and demos become unplayable because you no longer have the ownership, including the donor title you used to launch devmenu.

Should be noted, though, that the banned console is still associated. So if you screw up again, they may nuke your account.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
If the account is banned, can it still use the games you bought?

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can’t we just create a fake account, and if it gets banned so be it?

Or will Nintendo remember the switch serial number and ban any account on the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway