Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Cyber_Locc I meant only the Save Editing Part! It is a difference between "Save Editing" and "Online Cheating in Multiplayer". I am strictly against cheating in online games or competetive gaming! But I love to save edit or cheat my singleplayer and offline games!

D

DeletedMember411838

@Cyber_Locc I meant only the Save Editing Part! It is a difference between "Save Editing" and "Online Cheating in Multiplayer". I am strictly against cheating in online games or competetive gaming! But I love to save edit or cheat my singleplayer and offline games!

Oh I know and agree, but like I said, the only way to stop the cheating is to stop the save editing, and the innocent people that get screwed over sucks, but that is the causality's of the dirt bags.

I like to save edit and mod my games too, but I like fair online play more. Which is why I bought 2 switches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its against the law to cripple the hdd of customers because of banning the console, thats what microsoft did and that is illegal, they can remove you from their services but they cannot damage your console

It was against the law to do that, before it became against the law to modify a game console. The "Jailbreak Laws" give them the right to completely brick your console, modifying a game console is currently illegal.

Even if it is still illegal for them to brick yours in another law, are you going to press it? So you can win a 100k suit and lose a multi million dollar one with jail time?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know and agree, but like I said, the only way to stop the cheating is to stop the save editing, and the innocent people that get screwed over sucks, but that is the causality's of the dirt bags.

I like to save edit and mod my games too, but I like fair online play more. Which is why I bought 2 switches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was against the law to do that, before it became against the law to modify a game console. The "Jailbreak Laws" give them the right to completely brick your console, modifying a game console is currently illegal.

Even if it is still illegal for them to brick yours in another law, are you going to press it? So you can win a 100k suit and lose a multi million dollar one with jail time?
I don't know were you got that modifying a game console is illegal because it is not its 100% legal and its also illegal for them to (Nintendo or Microsoft) to brick your console because you modified it in some way. I don't know what jailbreak law you was reading but they are wrong here in the usa they can not do that shit.

D

DeletedMember411838

I don't know were you got that modifying a game console is illegal because it is not its 100% legal and its also illegal for them to (Nintendo or Microsoft) to brick your console because you modified it in some way. I don't know what jailbreak law you was reading but they are wrong here in the usa they can not do that shit.

It is in fact 110% illegal friend.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/27/9622560/jailbreak-video-game-console-sony-microsoft-dmca
"The exemptions are important because they allow consumers to install third-party software, in other words jailbreak, most of those gadgets without risking copyright infringement. The reason game consoles were left out is because a jailbroken one would primarily be used for playing stolen games, says the Electronic Software Association, the game industry's largest trade group and the main opposition to the exemption. The Library of Congress order reads:"

Not only did they keep it illegal as that says, there is pages upon pages of added legislature in the docket that makes it more illegal than it was. I dont know where you get that its legal, it isnt. Game Consoles and Ebooks and a few other purpose devices with strong piracy concerns are extremely illegal to modify as of the 2015 ruling that made everything else okay.

Last edited by ,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/27/9622560/jailbreak-video-game-console-sony-microsoft-dmca
"The exemptions are important because they allow consumers to install third-party software, in other words jailbreak, most of those gadgets without risking copyright infringement. The reason game consoles were left out is because a jailbroken one would primarily be used for playing stolen games, says the Electronic Software Association, the game industry's largest trade group and the main opposition to the exemption. The Library of Congress order reads:"

Not only did they keep it illegal as that says, there is pages upon pages of added legislature in the docket that makes it more illegal than it was. I dont know where you get that its legal, it isnt. Game Consoles and Ebooks and a few other purpose devices with strong piracy concerns are extremely illegal to modify as of the 2015 ruling that made everything else okay.
I was thinking about phones so its legal for them on what i can find right now. I would take the time to find the other stuff but I am to sleepy but Just know that its legal but running backups such as games you don't own is and always will be illegal but its legal so long as your using it for homebrew and or development. if it was illegal for them to be hacked/modded then the admin would have added that to the rules of things for us not to be able to do as we can not link to page's with backups.
@Costello would be able to help on the info that we don't have and are lacking.

Last edited by leerpsp,

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told people this a long long time ago.

Not only that, but check your email, when you first launch game it sends you an email telling you "how do you like XXX games, and come claim your coins"

I have gotten emails like that for every game that I bought new, used games I haven't. So they are doing a coin validity check when you first launch the game.

GG bans going to be everywhere.

They emails I got all went to pormotions folder btw in Gmail, which makes them easy to miss. My wife was the first to launch another of our games, and hers went to her spam folder so check their too.

Of course that may be because we never turned send data to Nintendo off, guess I will try that for the next new game.

Also it takes awhile after you buy the game, a week or 2 later you get the email.
Totally forgot about the emails.

korko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

In the UK it's arguable that it isn't illegal at all, unless you consider a civil wrong to be "illegal." You can't be criminally prosecuted but it potentially leaves the door open to Nintendo to sue you (won't happen).

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't believe I have to go over this again. Modifying your own personal hardware, regardless of any EULA is completely defensible, and legal in any courtroom setting due to Constitutional and consumer rights. Do you know why Apple and Sony never won a case against Geohot? Because they settled without compensation due to the unforeseen PR nightmare of attempting to tell a customer what they HAD to do with a piece of equipment they paid 300$+ for. Why would you think, gaming consoles, of all things that could be hacked would take precedence for an "exception to an exception," when hacking a phone possibly compromises communications and financial infrastructure. Hacking a console makes....piracy possible?!? The article you've quoted is nothing more than a biased piece of outright false claims, and no manufacturer has gone after a console hacker in a very long time. If this 2015 ruling is such a game changer, why is this site still up?
Obviously your claims are bogus. Piracy is whats illegal. Not hardware modification. This is like saying that it's illegal to put a turbo on your car because you "may" speed.

slainfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Said it earlier (perhaps in another thread) that whilst they probably aren't logging (or transmitting) the certs themselves when inserting them, you can get your ass they'll be logging the hashed modulii of the certs (which are as unique as the certs themselves) on insertion, and transmitting that hash to Nintendo for coin eligibility.

They can use those logs for anything, including banning both/either the card and your console ID.

Using backups of games other than the ones you own and avoiding bans whilst going online is not trivial, and unless the scene FULLY understands the exact reporting mechanism AND keeps up with the ensuing cat and mouse game, will be impossible in the long run.

Bare in mind some of the most well known scene devs have said that cartridge protection is good, and that eShop DRM is very good. In short, if you're going to go that way, NAND dump and lock the blob away safely before even thinking of loading CFW, and *never* go online until restoring that "good" blob. Furthermore, I'd even avoid any in-Horizon homebrew NAND dumpers, and use some sort of RCM-based dumper for guaranteed clean dumps so that it can be taken without leaving any trace.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Question here :

Nintendo disallow eShop access : why ? Are they literally punishing pirates/backupers by preventing them to legally buy any more game ?
This is giving them no choice but illegally download files instead of spending bucks to Ninty ? (retail games aside)

totally okay with online play restrictions tho. Other discussable thing is blocking game updates ?

Last edited by Luhof,
Reactions: valrond

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question here :

Nintendo disallow eShop access : why ? Are they literally punishing pirates/backupers by preventing them to legally buy any more game ?
This is giving them no choice but illegally download files instead of spending bucks to Ninty ? (retail games aside)

totally okay with online play restrictions tho. Other discussable thing is blocking game updates ?
Because not only do we have several ways to dump installed titles, but we (unofficially) have a way to install said dumped titles. All that's left is a CFW/homebrew to bypass the checks required to run them and BAM! It would essentially be Freeshop all over again.

korko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question here :

Guessing it has something to do with Freeshop on the 3DS being an embarrassing nightmare for them. First response is to drop a brick wall inbetween your console and their servers.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
It would essentially be Freeshop all over again.

Guessing it has something to do with Freeshop on the 3DS being an embarrassing nightmare for them.

Aaah you're right. I forgot about this. Thx guys.

To make a veeeery huge speculative shortcut, that might be why banned consoles can still download updates ? You can't do whatever you want with the shop but you can still play legit games with patches (for now)... Imagine a Nintendo game being unplayable without day 1 patch (even if that's not really Ninty's usual way), banned consoles should be able to enjoy legal copies... :ph34r:

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaah you're right. I forgot about this. Thx guys.

To make a veeeery huge speculative shortcut, that might be why banned consoles can still download updates ? You can't do whatever you want with the shop but you can still play legit games with patches (for now)... Imagine a Nintendo game being unplayable without day 1 patch (even if that's not really Ninty's usual way), banned consoles should be able to enjoy legal copies... :ph34r:

They can revoke everything. So, really, if it turns out to be causing abuse, they'll just completely remove all non-auth access.

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know but I've got a feeling that switching between OFW and CFW is more dangerous then staying online in CFW only. Maybe I will be yours guinea pig and will stay online with SX OS only and we will see. I'm online only when in Horizon menu without any backup running and when I'm using Hulu under SX OS - still no ban, because I would go insane if I needed to switch between OS'es just for Hulu only.

D

DeletedMember411838

Because probably you are lying

This is not really productive or helpful at all.

You could have stated "Could you maybe have forgot something?"

but to flat out call someone who was banned and is trying to help a liar, isnt cool.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
This is not really productive or helpful at all.

You could have stated "Could you maybe have forgot something?"

but to flat out call someone who was banned and is trying to help a liar, isnt cool.
He denied all the ways of providing proof, even inciting that he used a discord for the pics and he doesnt "feel" like it to upload them here, he is complete bogus but you want to believe him, lol

D

DeletedMember411838

He denied all the ways of providing proof, even inciting that he used a discord for the pics and he doesnt "feel" like it to upload them here, he is complete bogus but you want to believe him, lol

If he is bogus or not that is no reason to insult him.

Its very possible that he did upload it on ReSwitched lots of people have posted there that haven't posted here, that is after all the official Atmosphere, and pretty much hacking hub. Scries is there, is Scries here? If someone is going to find a way to stop bans, it will be the people on that Disc, so arguably its more important to post it there than here.

Also
Dude the layered is the one targeted this time, because of the errors that it creates, even scires confirmed that, if you go online with a backup you will be banned, but as of now layered, offline and online gives bans

Scries also stated that you will get banned for playing pirated games period, with any current method.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum