Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

aekotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why'd you delete the post about persistent logs we cannot control. not applicable or what? :/

Eh, I'm not convinced yet. The fact that people are getting banned despite "clearing their logs" may mean there are hidden logs but it also could mean the console is instructed to check itself by Nintendo servers on the initial connection, no logging required. The latter is more powerful anyway: logs are easily wiped if discovered but you can't avoid spontaneous checks on OFW. For a contrived example, the servers could tell consoles to simply check for homebrew files on its SD card (or, as the scene changes, any particular file state Nintendo is interested in) and report back.

Plus, my sarcasm was a bit mean!

Last edited by aekotra,
Reactions: TheLastOfUs

eightninetyfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to check if a nintendo account is banned? I got the console ban, but I can still login to the nintendo site. Would I still be able to login to my account on another switch?

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to check if a nintendo account is banned? I got the console ban, but I can still login to the nintendo site. Would I still be able to login to my account on another switch?
Traditionally, when you are banned, Nintendo won't let you download any thing from their eShop or play online games. They don't delete your account. In fact they kept it as a reference so they can banned your other consoles if you registered the same personal info.

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What about using 2 different micro-sd ?

If you switch from a micro-sd to another would that make a difference ? Like one SD with OFW and another one on CFW. Would you still get banned if you go on the net with the OFW SD ?

Last edited by dariakyl,

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What about using 2 different micro-sd ?

If you switch from a micro-sd to another would that make a difference ? Like one SD with OFW and another one on CFW. Would you still get banned ?

Someone was here who geht banned with this Methode, so yes. I think so

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If you can enter here and not get any error then your account is not banned:

https://ec.nintendo.com/my/

However, if your Switch is banned you can't access the eShop to unlink the account from your Switch so it's trapped forever there.

ZASchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can enter here and not get any error then your account is not banned:

However, if your Switch is banned you can't access the eShop to unlink the account from your Switch so it's trapped forever there.

You could always call support and tell them you lost/sold your switch sometime back and you forgot to unlink your account. They can unlink it for you.

Last edited by ZASchwarz,
Reactions: TheLastOfUs

grelux

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i think the easiest way to make a backup of the nand, use tx in airplane mode and when you want to go back online, reinject your own nand made before playing with a cfw, as the log are clean

eightninetyfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always call support and tell them you lost/sold your switch sometime back and you forgot to unlink your account. They can unlink it for you.

That sounds like a good idea. I initially just wanted to try out CFW to see if I could get it to work. It did, so I went out and bought another switch just for homebrew. I never played online, though I may have turned off airplane mode for a minute. I wiped my microSD on the main switch and any backups. Hadn't touched it in about a week and just heard about the bans and saw that it was console banned. I had a good amount of games bought, so maybe I can try getting just a switch tablet and see how it goes.

Reactions: ZASchwarz

Jeffrey367

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think the easiest way to make a backup of the nand, use tx in airplane mode and when you want to go back online, reinject your own nand made before playing with a cfw, as the log are clean

I was thinking about this too.
1. Create a backup of the sysnand.
2. Use CFW offline.
3. Replace the sysnand with the backup.
4. Go online, update and play.
5. Repeat step 1

This is time consuming but safe right?

Reactions: grelux

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
2. Use CFW offline.
5. Repeat step 1

Maybe, unless there is a persistent log that is not saved to the Nand but somewhere else...

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a good idea. I initially just wanted to try out CFW to see if I could get it to work. It did, so I went out and bought another switch just for homebrew. I never played online, though I may have turned off airplane mode for a minute. I wiped my microSD on the main switch and any backups. Hadn't touched it in about a week and just heard about the bans and saw that it was console banned. I had a good amount of games bought, so maybe I can try getting just a switch tablet and see how it goes.

This doesn't help. You should answer how all banned people are using a form to answer on this thread....did you use Loader, did you use homebrew on it before, etc etc. Did you update the games on sx os? Stuff like this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2. Use CFW offline.
5. Repeat step 1

Highly doubt this will work. It's seeming more and more like the log info may be stored elsewhere. Not on sysnand - so your backing up of 30GB of emmc wouldn't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here - answer with this. Change as appropriate

• Banned: Y

• Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Y

• SX OS Used offline: Y

• SX OS used online: N

• Played with SX Backups online: N

• Layered FS Used offline: Y

• Layered FS Used online: N

• Played with Layered FS Injects online: N

• Connect internet with CFW homebrew : N

• Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : N

• Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : N

• Does the Eshop work: Y

• Backups updated with what Firmware?: N/A
  • WiFi settings deleted N
  • Airplane mode on Y for offline use

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I couldn't resist after seeing this:D
TX vs Online.png

Reactions: hellrokr

eightninetyfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Banned: Y
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Y
  • SX OS Used offline: Y
  • SX OS used online: N
  • Played with SX Backups online: N
  • Layered FS Used offline: Y
  • Layered FS Used online: N
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: N
  • Connect internet with CFW homebrew : Y (Was trying to get my joycons to work wireless. Turned off airplane mode without realizing I could have left it on and just picked to have bluetooth on).
  • Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : N
  • Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : N
  • Does the Eshop work: N
  • Backups updated with what Firmware?: N
  • WiFi settings deleted: N
  • Airplane mode on for offline use: Y, though like I mentioned above I turned it off with a backup loaded for a small bit.

SPURS3DX

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Banned: Yes
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Yes
  • SX OS Used offline: Yes
  • SX OS used online: No
  • Played with SX Backups online: No
  • Layered FS Used offline: Yes
  • Layered FS Used online:No
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: No
  • Connect internet with CFW homebrew : No
  • Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : No
  • Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : No
  • Does the Eshop work: No
  • Backups updated with what Firmware?: 5.1
  • WiFi settings deleted No
  • Airplane mode on Yes for offline use

Dark_Hades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps people should focus not just on the error reporting but also the telemetry data that gets sent to Nintendo?

From the switchbrew wiki (I'm not allowed to link on this forum as a new user)
Data reporting
The "Play Report" (prepo) service uploads system and user information to a cloud server. This includes the following fields:

sys_info
data
application_id
event_id
operation_mode
lc_recorded_at (followed by a timestamp)
nc_recorded_at (followed by a timestamp)
nsa_id
os_version

And the contents of the following file:

is_user_agreement_check_enabled.bin

All the information is periodically uploaded to the following URL:

• receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net/post
It also checks the validity of the device's authentication token using the following URL:

• dauth-%.ndas.srv.nintendo.net/v1/device_auth_token
------------------------------------------------------------------

You could probably find out when this data gets sent by sniffing the traffic. It would be interesting to know if this reporting ignores airplane mode (for example, such as at the OS boot/shutdown process).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: lukhart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that