The Patient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
the guide said:
this backup will save you from a brick if anything goes wrong in the future

This goes not only to those who are new to the scene. This is for everybody who doesn't have a NAND backup yet.

Ever since the free userland exploit has been released and now combined with the arm9 exploit, everybody can now get their hands on things that may cause brick.

Now in the past few days, brick rate has increased significantly. Worst part is, the most important thing to do when doing sensitive stuff is often forgotten and/or overlooked.

Now to the people who already know their way around, please make a NAND backup if you still don't have one.

To those who just started looking around but has few knowledge already, these are some tools that can be used to make a backup: decrypt9 & hourglass9.

Now to the ones who doesn't have any clue about this but want to dive in with arm9loaderhax installation, be sure to follow this, and only this GUIDE. No videos, no other site. Just that guide.

Lastly, to those who bricked without having a NAND backup, let this be a lesson to you. Creating a NAND backup should be Standard Operating Procedure before doing anything risky.

That's all, happy modding everyone. Stay safe --- always have a backup.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what is the deal with people not making NAND backups.

Ikr? They say they followed the guide to the T, yet when they brick, blame the program, and when we ask "did you try and restore your nand backup", they say " i didn't make one"

Guide step 1:
Make a sysnand backup

Reactions: Lightyose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...