Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Piracy.
-----------------------------
My advice would be - Do downgrade! If 10.4 comes out, even with a softbrick you're stuffed. The brick rate is astronomically low. I downgraded and updgraded way over 10 times to try and fix an issue, which I succeeded in doing, now on 9.2.
KTM just makes the process a little more noob-friendly. If you don't be an idiot you're fine.
I'm still not doing it.

If my 3DS got bricked that would be it.

I don't really care about loading 3DS roms.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The majority of those bricks are either "soft bricks" or people who didn't wait until the downgrade is over.

IMO people shouldn't be blind trustworthy in a tool that isn't even released and is coming from someone who haven't done literally anything, only accept a dozen of pull request and make a dozen of typos (and thus saying "D-D-DO NOT USE ANY DOWNGRADE TOOL THAT ISN'T MINE OR U WILL GET BRICKED WITH A 95% OF CHANCE B-BAKA!"). (those are my 50 cents, don't take it personal)
Or people with Menuhax installed before they perform the downgrade.

Reactions: AtlasFontaine

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People so thirsty for free games that they want to risk a brick because of downgrading to get them.

Last edited by cvskid,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still not doing it.

If my 3DS got bricked that would be it.

I don't really care about loading 3DS roms.
If you don't need to downgrade, don't.
If you want 9.2, then do it. VERY FEW people have got bricked and done it all 100% perfect.
99% of bricks are caused by people being stupdid.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People so thirsty for free games that they want to risk a brick because of downgrading to get them.

Yeah. I look at it this way though, if I buy 5 new games for a 3DS, I spent around 170$+, which means I could have bought a new O3DS with the money I spent on the games. So, downgrading is not a total lost, even if you brick. Haha.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Think they might be talking about if you were to install it and set it as type 2. Not sure.

Or..(Not sure), MenuHax MIGHT not have enough access to downgrade correctly..(Heard that somewhere)

Wrong, I downgraded using menuhax.

The only thing is that when you reboot, menuhax try to load but the payload and all that shit doesn't correspond. Just remove the SD and power on the console, it will boot properly.

Reactions: DKB

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really see the point of downgrading.

You will be able to install CIAS....yaaaaaay.
Because on 9.2 you can do everything. Have an emuNAND that allows you to do "normal" things (update the firmware (doesn't really apply to the N3DS at the moment), use the eShop, play latest games that require latest firmwares) and still keep a sysNAND that gives you easy access to homebrew forever. Even when kernel hacks come to 10.3, I'm not sure it would be smarter to get to 10.3 since on 9.2, browserhax will always work (no nag).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wrong, I downgraded using menuhax.

The only thing is that when you reboot, menuhax try to load but the payload and all that shit doesn't correspond. Just remove the SD and power on the console, it will boot properly.
Indeed, because it's installed for another firmware version it won't boot and black screens instead. I've seen a lot of people panic thinking their 3DS is bricked due to that.

Reactions: tony_2018

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my O3DS multiple times. New method and Gateway Method to 4.2U. I never downgraded my N3DS JP. But I know what the fuck I am doing though. I always double check to make sure everything is in order before I downgrade.

How I did my O3DS with Nand mod. 9.2U, updated to 10.3U. Downgraded back to 9.2U. Gateway, launched, downgrade to 4.2U. Restore NAND from 9.2U.

Last edited by Sheimi,

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't really see the point of downgrading.

You will be able to install CIAS....yaaaaaay.

Proper homebrew. Emulators working full speed, enchancement to normal 3DS games (like patches, framerate fix).

For example Pokemon X/Y has severe problems with framerate. Using N3DS doesn't improve that. But if you downgrade and apply HANS properly you will be able to play pokemons without any framerate problems in battles.
Also people already are playing japanese Monster hunter X with eng patches (most of the things already patched)

Saiyan Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its quite simple really. Dont attempt to downgrade unless you have a back up of your nand.

If over 9.2, than obviously you need to do the hardmod for the back up.

The amount of bricks currently is outrageous.

Get off the downgrade wagon....
Dude i successfully downgraded 3 O3dss First Try

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS downgraded successfully 9.9.0-26U -> 9.2.0-20U now running rxTools.

How exactly does this make me a jackass?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu