Homebrew [PSA] do not downgrade yet!

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is now possible to downgrade <10.3 to 9.2 using some questionable tools. But I'd recommend not using these and waiting for Gateway if you are unsure. But at this point downgrading is pretty safe if you're not a total moron.

Last edited by I_AM_L_FORCE,

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also it seems like when downgrading using the current tools you will be at the desired system version but no hax will work, so you will not be able to run CFW or even Browserhax. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but it looks like a dirty downgrade.

EDIT: Ninjd by JustPingo

Reactions: BasedIndex
D

Deleted User

Damn that sucks. Also heard updating from 9.0 to 9.2 wont work either.
No, because you would need SysUpdater to do that, and it doesn't have the necessary permissions if you use just Ninjhax alone...

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because you would need SysUpdater to do that, and it doesn't have the necessary permissions if you use just Ninjhax alone...
How about using smash with 9.2 update? (Sorry for the noob questions, I don't usually ask many questions lol)

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is from Myria

I have a guess as to what's wrong. It sounds like all the titles have been updated, but not the FIRM0 or FIRM1 partitions, meaning that the NATIVE_FIRM is still 10.3.0.

A way to check is to run Smash Brothers 4 on an Old 3DS to trigger a FIRM launch to go into 96 MB mode. This would invoke the FIRM installed as a title. After running Smash 4, quit it and run Cubic Ninja or whatever. I think that it'll work, but I can't be certain without trying it.

The way to fix it is to call am:u!InstallFIRM if this is the case.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why people cannot wait?
People have been waiting for years till mset exploit came out, seriously, get some cold blood before doing ANYTHING you're not 100% sure of it.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I... I... I don't understand
It works just fine
tgjqQ84h.jpg

Last edited by Elveman,
Reactions: anonynom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.