Homebrew [PSA] do not downgrade yet!

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually those were NOT in fact on purpose, the brick code was there to prevent clone cards from running their software. Unfortunately this practice blew up in their face, as some legitimate cards were detected as clones when they in fact weren't.
Or if you didn't have a card at all it also caused a brick

Cat Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why not. Someone should try this.

Pretty sure I saw someone in the other thread install New Super Mario Bros. 2 on their 3DS. They posted a picture of the app. Either way I wouldn't do it. If you have a corrupted CIA or something goes wrong, you could brick your 3DS. I'd wait for CFW.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure I saw someone in the other thread install New Super Mario Bros. 2 on their 3DS. They posted a picture of the app. Either way I wouldn't do it. If you have a corrupted CIA or something goes wrong, you could brick your 3DS. I'd wait for CFW.

I believe installing to the SD card is super safe, it's the NAND you have to worry about.
At least that's what i heard before.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? You can just take the SD card out and your 3ds works fine if something really goes wrong with the install. It isn't touching NAND

Because this isn't something that is even a proper release. Literally anything can go wrong.

Some people were able to install some legit CIAs, I'm thinking of trying it.

I was going to try to as well but it isn't worth risking my Majora's Mask New 3DS.

Good luck though.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How so? You can just take the SD card out and your 3ds works fine if something really goes wrong with the install. It isn't touching NAND
There's a title database in the sysNAND that determines what apps show in the home menu, FBI has to write in this.

Anyways, I got to install CIAs just fine, as long as you don't touch anything else and just install CIAs on your SD, everything should be fine.
HNI_0004.JPG
HNI_0006.JPG

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
It is now possible to downgrade <10.3 to 9.2 using some questionable tools. But I'd recommend not using these and waiting for @JustPingo 's Kernal Time Machine. There have been 8 confirmed bricks so far and there are bound to be more.

Unless you have a hardmod then go ahead
Waiting for something that will never happen?

Seriously, a 16 year old posts hype-bait since October, and his single release is source code for a menu that didn't even compile. When has anyone without prior releases and credibility ever lived up to their promises when they've got no evidence of having any real work? All he's done is back-pedal on snshax "lol no point now guys XXDD" and then on KTM "lol it was nevr meant to be anything other than a menu lol XDD I totally didn't hype it up or anything please keep boosting my ego".

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a title database in the sysNAND that determines what apps show in the home menu, FBI has to write in this.

Anyways, I got to install CIAs just fine, as long as you don't touch anything else and just install CIAs on your SD, everything should be fine.
View attachment 34272 View attachment 34273

OMG, thanks for this, has anybody else installed some?

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ThePix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i read all of these posts.
I will not mess with the internals with the system just for a unusable downgrade. (No cfw stuff)
I will wait for this "Kernel time machine" and memchunkhax2's offical re
Thats what i am going to do.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 34272 View attachment 34273
FBI doesn't "write to it" it calls the system functions that write to it... Though point is taken on that one

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Waiting for something that will never happen?

Seriously, a 16 year old posts hype-bait since October, and his single release is source code for a menu that didn't even compile. When has anyone without prior releases and credibility ever lived up to their promises when they've got no evidence of having any real work? All he's done is back-pedal on snshax "lol no point now guys XXDD" and then on KTM "lol it was nevr meant to be anything other than a menu lol XDD I totally didn't hype it up or anything please keep boosting my ego".
Well either way the point of not downgrading still stands

Kajiarashi Suzaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand the worries of some peoples here about JustPingo was not delivered his KTM yet. I believe there is no way to release it without a properly finished, stable and fully working memchunkhax2.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyone here who downgraded and has CN? Could you try NTR please?

I've been on 9.2 this whole time so I have no real investment in this, just wanting to know if it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-