PS5 disc blue light and then turns off

harun-cuk17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a ps5 disc edition. When I turn on the ps5 it starts you see the blue light and after some seconds it turns off. When I press on the power button again, you hear a beep but no powering on the device. After that pressing on the power button, it turns on with the blue light and after some seconds it turns off.

I think that there is a short cap by the F7501. Can anyone help me where to look and how to find the short?

Many thanks

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A common issue is a short at one of this four caps. If you have a short here, you can apply some IPA and see at which cap is getting hot.

Short.png

harun-cuk17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A common issue is a short at one of this four caps. If you have a short here, you can apply some IPA and see at which cap is getting hot.

View attachment 444441
many thanks buddy. I will try to see if it is one of those 4 caps. Maybe I can use multimeter in diode mode. If it is not one of those 4 caps, is there an another common issue?

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If one of those caps is shorting the line, heat is in most cases the easiest indicator for the one causing the short. With diode mode you can figure out which line is off or shorted. But is hard to unpossible to find the one shorted cap if more than one is possible.
Before starting desoldering by guessing, I would try a thermal cam or IPA.

harun-cuk17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If one of those caps is shorting the line, heat is in most cases the easiest indicator for the one causing the short. With diode mode you can figure out which line is off or shorted. But is hard to unpossible to find the one shorted cap if more than one is possible.
Before starting desoldering by guessing, I would try a thermal cam or IPA.
I will try it with both. Ipa and thermal cam. And i hope that it is one of those 4 caps and not something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: epinephrine I'm assuming doctor approved