PS4 keeps downloading game updates even with automatic updates disabled

Heoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to stop this? It happens every time I start a game. The latest update is added to my downloads and I have to manually stop it.

I have another related question. I had a Top Spin pkg installed and I may have gone through with an updated (don’t remember) and it doesn’t show up in my games anymore. Did the update brick it and it got automatically deleted? I’m trying to understand the logic here.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure all the settings of automatic updates are turned off? I've never had that problem myself.

Sometimes it's easy to accidentally leave those settings activated as they're here and there.

xZenithy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my case the update was for Ratchet & Clank from version 1.07 to 1.09 (the last) for if someone want to do the same test..

It is a Sony game developed by Insomniac ...

So the update was coming from Insomniac or from Sony servers....

I almost sure that it comes from Sony...

Someone can tell me an easy way how I can double-check it?

xZenithy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, use a custom DNS is an easy way... but the best and safe option is block the PS4 Mac/IP to access to internet, this is 99.99% safe..
Anyway, it is clear that the ps4 (similar to PS5 that ignore the UPDATE option when is turn off) ignore the flag to update a game...
I can see that the folder UPDATE was updated yesterday, just when the incident happen to me...
I'm correct? why the date from the below folders was changed yesterday, just when I put my PS4 online (2 years offline) again?
1719746215683.png

Someone can tell me if this is normal?

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still say the best way is changing the psn np mode to anything besides np.
In last 2 years and going online occasionally I don't get update nag of fw or games.
Only downside I have encountered is backup to usb game save need np back and first access for remote play needs it enabled to register once registered can be turned back to anything besides np. Yes I use replacement as NP.🤣 It still works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I did consider that lol